Our Landmark in for service again

This is the 3rd time our 07 Landmark 5th wheel has been in for service in 8 months. We are fulltimers & this has been a real problem for us. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same problems over & over again. Our refrigerator won't cool below 50 degrees & the freezer freezes up, the ice maker has been worthless due to dripping water with the ice cubes & making a large hunk of ice. The service shop wants to replace the refrigerator but we were told Heartland wants them to fix it. The surround sound has never worked like it is supposed to.

Here is the list this time:
1) Mattress is coming unsown (68 x 80)
2) speakers are not working correctly w/surround sound, we were told we need a new dvd entertainment system<O:p</O:p
3) shower door does not close completely, we were told it is bend & needs to be replaced. It is the curved one.<O:p</O:p
4) when we opened the slide the last time it tore the kitchen floor<O:p</O:p
5) refrigerator is not cooling properly & it is part of the recall, ice maker makes ice but there is water that drips & the ice sticks together<O:p</O:p
6) closet door is out of the runner on the bottom<O:p</O:p
7) black tank odor sometimes, through pocket door.<O:p</O:p
8) you can see daylight under the refrigerator.<O:p</O:p
9) carpet under the other slide is bunched up<O:p</O:p
10) file drawer broken, does not stay locked during travel<O:p</O:p
11) wood pulling apart in desk area<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
12) ac in kitchen doesn’t keep up, sometimes doesn’t cool at all, drips water<O:p</O:p
13) tv in bedroom is snowy<O:p</O:p
We just want things to be fixed & to be able to enjoy our home. We had to have the bedroom ac fixed when we were in Big Spring, TX, that is a service time I wasn't even counting. </O:p
<O:pIf I was a new buyer, I would get clarification on the warranty & where you can have the work done. Be aware that if you can't get it in for service at an authorized service center you have to pay for the service call. The service centers seem to be far & few between.</O:p<O:p</O:p
<O:p Marilyn Veatch</O:p

deee2

I'm sorry this is happening to you, and hoping it doesn't happen to us. Good luck in getting everything fixed.

Donna :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our shower door on our 07 Landmark would not stay closed until I adjusted it. I found out there is an adjustment on the top and on the bottom. The bottom one seems to be more critical. Ours is the curved door also. I finally got our surround sound working right after I replaced it with a higher quality one. A big difference. Now all of the speakers work. We had problems with all of our slide and finally got them adjusted and fixed right. Now they all work. Thank goodness our fridg and ACs are alright. I checked and our fridg is not on the recall. I have had our repairedat a non Heartland repair shop but the key is to get approval from the factory first. Then it was covered without outof pocket charges. The wood around our slide came loose also but was stapled back together without any other issues. My advise is to keep after it until it gets taken care of and keep in touch with your factory service rep.

cjbearden

Visitor
"My advise is to keep after it until it gets taken care of and keep in touch with your factory service rep. " Great advice from Jim and what has saved us!

After two years of problems with a lemon BH, we learned how vital it is to know the area rep for whatever state you are in. Ray and Steve at HL have been so helpful to us in finding reputable service shops for our new Augusta. Traded on June 20 and have been to 4 service shops to fix refrigerator, a couple of slides, A/C vent in kitchen, fender bracets, dryer door, bathroom vent fan, window shade, basement door replacement, and electrical outlet (CO, AR, LA and TX).

We are determined that we will not stop traveling because of problems and make it a point to know where a service center is wherever we go (HL certified or Camping World/Freedom Roads). Along the way, we have spoken with numerous owners of SOB's and they have the very same problems as owners do on the HL Forum. Ever so often a lemon does happen but if you are conscientious in dealing with the manufacturer's rep and stay on top of getting the repairs completed, we know from experience that HL will do whatever necessary to make you happy.

With the BH, we finally had to go to Elkhart to get many "dealer repairs" redone correctly. Believe me when I say, our Augusta has not had ANYTHING close to the pages and pages of problems we had with the BH. Yes, we see some minor quality issues but nothing right now that we can't handle ourselves or have fixed when we are in for the major issues. One thing to consider is that supplier parts are often the issue - not HL. A manufacturer has to trust its suppliers to perform quality checks; but, it is human nature that mishaps occur. Just get your service center to properly document your problem with pictures, etc. that are sent directly to HL for assessment and solution to your problems.

If you are still under your first year of warranty or nearing the end, document what still needs to be fixed. You may be able to get warranty extended a few days until problems are fixed. Please also consider going to RV Capital in Elkhart to correct the issues you have. HL Customer Service is there to help - call them!

God Bless You and best wishes in having your problems resolved.

CJ

Princess Kathleen

We too, had many problems, but Heartland stepped up and fixed....we even went back to the factory and had the shower replaced. But all in all we would not trade our Luv Shak for any other......Our first trip...we blew a tire and had frame and suspension problems....but all was corrected....and we are out and about

PK

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Along the way, we have spoken with numerous owners of SOB's and they have the very same problems as owners do on the HL Forum. Ever so often a lemon does happen but if you are conscientious in dealing with the manufacturer's rep and stay on top of getting the repairs completed, we know from experience that HL will do whatever necessary to make you happy...............

...............One thing to consider is that supplier parts are often the issue - not HL. A manufacturer has to trust its suppliers to perform quality checks; but, it is human nature that mishaps occur.

CJ

BINGO we have a winner LOL:D

If you take a close look at all of the other brands out there you will quickly find that most every manufacturer uses the same parts from the same parts manufacturers....... Same refrigerators, same hot water heaters, same vents, same AC units etc..... Even constuction methods are very similar.

Where I am making my decision on my next RV purchase is customer service.

HappyKayakers

We never had any problems getting the factory to authorize work at a dealer of our choice when we were under warranty and on the road. At one point, we were reimbursed for a mobile tech service call. We even kept up a running email discussion for a continuing problem that couldn't be fixed by several dealers. HL agreed to make good on it when we got back to our home area, even though we would be out of warranty by then.

Last edited: