Fridge door latch removal

povelkom

Hello, our landmark has these ugly white latch things stuck to the stainless steel doors. I know they are to keep the doors closed during transport but we can secure with the door handles. Anyone know how to removal this with stuck on things without damaging the surface?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Hello, our landmark has these ugly white latch things stuck to the stainless steel doors. I know they are to keep the doors closed during transport but we can secure with the door handles. Anyone know how to removal this with stuck on things without damaging the surface?

I do know that using Goo Gone and rubbing hard is a bad idea. The SS "look" on my Frigidaire is a coating of some sort and I rubbed it off! Maybe a hair dryer to warm up the glue, then pull the discs off. Heat the glue and rub it off?

povelkom

4d8edb72c767892461a289bfa2d548bd.jpg

jbeletti

4d8edb72c767892461a289bfa2d548bd.jpg

Yep - that's them. Warm then up a bit and pry off with your fingers or a plastic putty knife or spatula.

Unsure what you'll b using in place of those catches, but you'll at least want to use a Velcro strap or bungy around the handles.

Here's what I did. Still going strong after 2+ years.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

One of our came off on one of our first trips out. And now we have a dent in the handle.
I just pulled the other one off with my fingers. We use a small clip on dog collar around the handles now.
Like Jim said a heat gun will do the trick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk