Single Stage Regulator

DTucker

Anyone out there have advice on the best quality single stage 30 psi regulator? Seem to go through them about every two years.

Todster

Hmm something's odd. I haven't changed but 1 in the last 15 years. Is it covered and protected where it's located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTucker

It''s covered in passenger side compartment w/door. All valves, regulators, connectors, and hoses replaced in 2014. I'm assuming this is the problem. Both propane tanks full and work on driver side, neither work on passenger side.

jimtoo

You might try disconnecting the hose that runs right to left side and blowing through it. Some times oil or grease will build up in a low spot due to poor or bad propane or something and will block flow of propane from the right side.

Jim M

gasman

Camp Socializer
Those 30# regulators are famous for leakage and failure. This is not just a Heartland issue, it is across the board. They are required because of the hose that runs through the front cargo bay between the tanks. I removed this hose and installed black iron pipe with reducing elbows in its place. I was able to remove the first cut regulator and have no problems and it meets the code requirements.