Looking for good mattress

BobHinSC

I am looking to invest in a good quality Queen short mattress for my 22 ft Heartland North Trail. I am looking for suggestions on the mattress with the best quality and most reasonable price and where to purchase it. Thank you my fellow campers.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Got soooo tired of the mattress that came with our camper (turned into sleeping in a valley of the no sleep zone) and had been down the memory foam mattress route on other camper so we went down to the local BedZZZExpress store and ordered a coil spring mattress made by King Koil. This mattress has enough flex (can be used with a craft bed setup) to get to the underbed storage area which was a major concern before ordering. It was still way under $1K with them delivering and taking the old mattress off. It has a 15 year warranty so we will see.

MTPockets

We purchased from WalMart a 2" foam topper and put it on top of original mattress, it was great. Then purchased another 2" to place on top of that giving a total of 4" foam and original.

MP_CS

X2 on the 2-3" foam topper. We bought a decent quality one from kohls and love it. It a quarter the cost of a replacement mattress and since we only recreationally use our fiver we couldn't justify the expense of replacing the mattress. Now if i was fulltiming maybe.

Mattman

I have been looking as well for my NT. I was thinking about putting the toppers on, but my bed is under the front nose cone. So the higher you make it, the less room you have. Just something to consider if your bed is in the front like mine. Let me know what you get please, cause I will be looking at getting one soon as well.

Nabo

We tried the mattress toppers from 2-4 inches and from several different stores with no luck. They seem to end up bunching up which we don't like. I know a lot of folks like them but we like a firm mattress that why we ordered a spring coil mattress.

Got soooo tired of the mattress that came with our camper (turned into sleeping in a valley of the no sleep zone) and had been down the memory foam mattress route on other camper so we went down to the local BedZZZExpress store and ordered a coil spring mattress made by King Koil. This mattress has enough flex (can be used with a craft bed setup) to get to the underbed storage area which was a major concern before ordering. It was still way under $1K with them delivering and taking the old mattress off. It has a 15 year warranty so we will see.
I'm in the same boat here. I just checked out King Koils website. I didn't see an obvious option for a "queen short". Did you have to special order it that size? TIA!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nabo

Did you have to special order it that size? TIA!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes - the store did the special order. Funny but one of the sale persons also is a camper and understood rv mattresses and the short problems. In our case it was also the narrowness (72x80). King Koil does special orders.

Ducky

I purchased a queen short for our North Trail 26LRSS last summer from Amazon, Dreamfoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Crazy Quilt pillow top for around $170.00. Today it lists at 200.00. It was 11" thick and very comfortable, and still plenty of room in the front. Suggest adding a few pillows (3-4") right ahead of the mattress so you still have additional leg room. Recently traded the North Trail and just received my new Dreamfoam King today for our New BHTR 32RS.

Mattman

I to just put a Dream foam mattress in mine. (Dream Foam is made in the USA). I went with the Arctic Dreams. Was not super expensive. Came with 2 pillows and 10% off when ordered on there web site. After I took the old mattress off, I opened up the zipper to see what's in side. I added the picture. Will probably repurpose some of this into the other beds for the kids. Cut them down to fit the sleeper couch and table. Maybe another layer under the teddy bear matress. Can't hurt. Won't cost me much to try it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170405_183723180.jpg
    IMG_20170405_183723180.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 77