BigHorn 3055 Pocket Door- off track

ibrick

While transporting I forgot to clip the pocket door that slides into the wall behind the shower at the top of the stairs. When I arrived at my destination I found that the innermost top wheel dolly of the door, off the track that it should be riding on.

I tried pushing the door in as far as possible while holding the top and pushing inwards at the bottom to raise the innermost wheel dolly to what I believe would be the end of the track and back on but found the dolly rotating sideways on me preventing it from rolling back onto the track.

Is there an easier way to get that dolly on the track aside from this hit and miss effort as my hands barely fit into the space for the door and visibility is very limited on what I'm trying? Can I get access to the space by removing the skylight above the shower and coming at it from the side? How do I prevent it from happening again as it seems the strap that holds the door in place is for preventing it from banging the wall across from the opening yet the innermost dolly looks like it came off the track well inside the wall.

Definitely will not forget that again. Thanks for any help.

-Rick

sealman

Rick,
The dolly is a 2 piece unit...swing type lock attached to door and pin/cam on track...I had the same problem; but my pin/cam stayed on the track and with a coat hange and flashlight was able to retrieve it and reconnect. You may want too safety wire the swing lock closed.
Goos luck,
John

Mine did the same but the repair place says that it broke the dolly. As sealman says it is a two piece so I am assuming they are getting a new roller assembly. and place it in place then reconnect the door. They unhooked the front one so my door was completely out of the track.

sgtbigb

Door Repair

Mine also did the same thing. The repairman screwed a screw to the bottom front so it will not slide all the way back off the rail!;)

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
mine broke thru the strap the other day and pulled off the roller in the back. took the door off and threaded it back in, but now the door goes in too far which means it took off the rear screw that keeps the door from going too far in. It also scratched the door and now i will try to have heartland fix it under warranty. its happening to too many folks, and if its the back roller the door has to be removed before repair. when u drive safely and the strap unhooks its just poor workmanship. hope they stand by their product.

cgunn

Door Off Track

Mine did the same thing,back roller came off the track.
Why doesn't the track go all the way to the back of the pocket
thus preventing this from happening?
Has any one found a way to fix this themselves in order to stay
away from the dealer.....HUH?

Thanks for the help....

RVCamper

Here is my fix for the problem for the 31QBS. Perhaps something like this may work for your pocket door?

I secured a snap hook to the track and to the rear of the door.. It holds very well and does not get in the way!

DoorHookMod.jpg

regan

Regan
I also had trouble. Found out that the track inside the pocket did not have enough screws securing it to ceiling. A good indicator is that the door seems to be out of level, as the track bends down as it goes back into the pocket. Took it to repair shop, they had a LONG extension on screw gun, secured track properly, now that it was secured, I wanted to make sure that it couldnt "slam" to the back of the pocket. I set the pocket door exactly where I wanted it. Took a tape measure and measured from the back of the pocket to the door. On my 3400 RL is was exactly 12". I then went to a a fabric store, had them cut a piece of dense foam exactly 2" wide and 12" deep. Now even if the grandkids slam the door open it hits the foam. My door now works beautiful, the foam keeps the rollers from being able to go completely back and hit the stop screw and the door does not go as far back, so it is easy to open. Hope this helps