Weigh scales

JSchneib

Has anyone gone to a commercial scale to check weight distribution? How can I find a scale that will let me take multiple measurements?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Has anyone gone to a commercial scale to check weight distribution? How can I find a scale that will let me take multiple measurements?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CAT scales are at almost every truck stop. They will let you take multiple weights. If you weigh just your truck, then weigh the truck and trailer together, and finally weigh the trailer, still hooked up but with the truck off the scales, you can figures all your weights to include pin weight, just not each wheel weight.

brianlajoie

First time I weighed the rig, I weighed each axle cumulatively on a commercial scale. So subtracting each successive axle gave me the weight of each axle. I have since had each tire position weighed when I went to a rally. The first time we weighed, it gave us a good idea of what we were pulling. The second time we weighed, we have an exact idea of both axle weight and side to side distribution of that weight.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

FYI if you use the truck stop scale your first weight will be about $10.00 then they will let you re-weigh for about $2.00 some will allow you 2 or 3 re-weighs as long as it's all on the same day.
When you pull on the scale and push the button, they will ask you if it's a first weight or a re-weigh.
Then they'll want a company name and truck and trailer #
Just make one up :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

plshilo

Hey if you ever get to Florida you can go into any State scale and get weighed for Free....they have 3 platforms so you can get each weigh and the printout..hope that helps!!!!

kf5qby

I found a scrap metal yard with a truck scale when I built my small trailer and needed the weight to get a VIN. They charged me $5 to weigh it and gave me the slip for my records. If you can find somewhere like that it may be better than a truck stop.

Ks.Kev

Living in a rural area..... my small town has a COOP with scales.
Went over and weighed multiple times, they gave me a print-outs and said "No Charge"!
Something to check out as well.............

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Also, most large landscape supply stores (the places that sell rocks, dirt, mulch & stuff) generally have truck scales.

I use one that is near our house and they will weigh for free (can't do individual wheels but you can get all other numbers) and they will write down all the weights on a sheet of blank paper.

$10 bucks if you want the printout to use as a certified weigh.

donr827

I always weighed my rvs at a truck stop that is not too far from my house. I go at a time when they are not busy. Their scales are certified
Don