2015 Bighorn Replacing Awning LED Strip Lighting Kit

DandM

HELP.... I just ordered a 75.00 awning replacement strip to go into the rail under my awning of my 2015 Bighorn. The old one has been dying since it was around 11 months old; but, it is now out of warranty... My problem is this:
I can not figure out where the old one plugs in???? I have no problem pulling the old strip out of the little rail and I have the new strip that has the PLUG on the end....BUT; where in the world is the plug on the old one?
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED...

MCTalley

Re: 2015 Bighorn Replacing LED Lighting Kit????

The strip on our 2015 Big Country (should be the same) has, as I remember, a hardwired end on it outside. The wires run down the right-hand side awning arm bracket outside. There are plastic filler panels that hide and protect the wiring (along with the awning wiring). The wires (awning and light strip) enter near the bottom of the bracket and come into our laundry closet (front-right corner of our unit) in the wiring/water chase cover against the wall. Pull it out (a couple screws hold it on) and you should be able to trace the wires from the strip to a couple wirenuts. That wiring runs back to the switch on the trailer control panel where it can be turned on or off.

If you are replacing the factory strip (which is a 12V strip) with something that has a controller, you'll want to probably either hardwire your controller into the 12V splice in the closet so it can be turned on and off with the same switch, or if you have one that has a remote control and a 110V adapter, you could plug the adapter into one of the washer/dryer outlets in the same closet and control the lights with the remote (we did that in our first Big Country).

DandM

Thank you for the help and sorry I posted on the wrong page.

windviewer

Thank you for the help and sorry I posted on the wrong page.

Which $75 strip did you order ? and from where? if you don't mind me asking (I'm am also looking for a replacement led strip for our Prowler - it lasted just long enough to be out of warranty)

$75 !!!! You do know you can order these from Amazon for like $20 & will last as long as the junk Heartland throws on there, probably longer. Wait until the cheap strip channel it goes into starts to twist up. Good quality junk lol