Olevia TV Model #

RVFun4Us

Hi all! We finally brought our new Big Horn 3055 RL home yesterday.We're still bouncing off the walls with delight!! :D We discovered our Olevia tv does not have a manual and can not find the model # for it on the back of the TV. Anyone have the model # for it? I think it probably is: 226V looking @ the Olevia website it seems to look like the photo. Anyone know where we can download a manual if this is the correct model #? I have tried and tried thru google but there appears to be a broken link to the manuals on Olevia website. Thanks so much for the info.
Sheri

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hi all! We finally brought our new Big Horn 3055 RL home yesterday.We're still bouncing off the walls with delight!! :D We discovered our Olevia tv does not have a manual and can not find the model # for it on the back of the TV. Anyone have the model # for it? I think it probably is: 226V looking @ the Olevia website it seems to look like the photo. Anyone know where we can download a manual if this is the correct model #? I have tried and tried thru google but there appears to be a broken link to the manuals on Olevia website. Thanks so much for the info.
Sheri
I don't have my model # handy but the only paper work I received was a quick start wiring diagram and the warranty stuff. The users manual I recieved was on a CD disk and says Olevia 4 Series on it.....Kenny

Gary Steeves

Sheri and Bob,

The model # on mine is "conveniently" centered on the back of the TV - which is covered by the plate that holds the TV. After much searching, I finally found the manual info. - which is pretty generic for all the models.

The Olevia seems to be not as user friendly as others and I made a "cheat sheet" for setting up channels so I don't have to look at the manual. If you haven't had any luck in finding your info., let me know and I will re-find it for you. I don't have the net addresses handy right now.

---welcome to the family !!

beader

The only manual that came with our Olevia was the cd disc. We finally just found someone to hook it up for us.

azbound

Ours came with a CD and nothing else. I think I read that Olevia went out of business, this may explain why their web page appears odd. I would think Heartland would stop equipping them in the trailers they sell and pull them prior to the sell. It is almost like they aren't going to take the hit, rather let the buyer take it. Buyer beware.

Good luck

RVFun4Us

Thank you everyone for your replies. Hubby found the model # 'conveniently' located under the panel that holds the tv in place. It is a 227. I have tried and tried to get the PDF page with the manual on it to load in on the Olevia website but it is apparently non funcitonal.
We are contacting our dealer with a list of manuals that are missing from our packet. The TV works great but still have not been able to connect the satellite thru the coach connection. Hubby posted about this on another posting with several helpful suggestions. So far none work, however, we can still get satellite by slipping the cable thru the slide.
Thank you everyone for your responses on the tv,.. at least we know what model # it is now.
Sheri

jbeletti

Heartland has not supplied Olevia TVs for several months of production. We used Jensen for a while as well. Most sets we use now are Samsung.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Olevia remote codes I have tried have not worked for my Direct RC23 remote. I finally found out the RC 23 remote will not program with several different brands of TVs. I got a Direct TV RC64 remote and the codes in the manual for that remote listed Olevia remote codes. They are 11144, 11240, 11331, 11610. The 11610 code is the one that worked. Finally after a year I only have to use one remote. Remember the RC23 remote will not program but the RC64 remote will. Maybe you can get Direct TV to swap out your remote if you have the RC23. Yahoo, I can even use the Direct TV remote to work the menu items on the TV.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I just heard Olevia went out of business a short time ago. is this true or just a rumor? Also we tried to program the remote and even directtv couldn't get it done.

Olevia

Syntax-Brillian, one of several smaller LCD TV makers to use club store sales to do an end-run around the category’s traditional leaders, has filed for bankruptcy. The Arizona-based Olevia television and Vivitar digital camera maker, filed for protection from creditors following a year of missed sales targets, leadership changes, and accounting problems.
The company’s stock has dropped more than 90 percent in the last year, and its efforts to refinance and raise additional financing were unsuccessful. With just eight employees left at headquarters, it has ceased operations.

Analysts that follow the flat-panel television market have been warning since late last year that there would be an eventual shakeout in the business, as more small brands piled on the growing LCD TV market. :mad:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
if anyone has the olevia cd mine didnt come with one for the 42 inch HD model. pm me and i will give u my address to send a copy. thanks in advance.

cmart

I hear Olieva has gone out of business, I'm curious about what will fit in the space designated for it and what will fit the same mounting bracket????

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Most all LCD TVs of the same or comparable size will use the same bracket. You might be able to put a larger TV in the same hole if you measure what you got and then what you plan on putting in there. While measuring look at the bracket and you can measure it. Most just mount using 4 screws into the back of the TV. It is really the weight of the TV that makes the difference on the mounting bracket.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim...I don't think that's true for the mounting bracket. If you look closely you will see that the Olevia TV is basically "molded" to fit exactly into the frame of the swivel bracket...leading me to believe the bracket was made especially for the Olevia TV.

We too are investigating the possibility of replacing the Olevia with a 32" flat panel, and after researching and making many measurements, I think we can put a 32" Insignia flat panel in it's place. It appears we will probably have to fill the recessed area where the Olevia "sits" in the bracket with plywood or something and the new TV will set flush against the bracket. The Insignia is probably closest in size to the Olevia 26" in our Bighorn.

However, I too have just finally been able to get down to one remote. Unfortunately, it was because due to a particularly bad stretch of road, all of our components fell out of the cabinet onto the floor (they are now properly secured). We had to replace the home theatre, and since we've had great luck with Insignia TV's, we bought an Insignia 5.1 200W home theatre. Fits in the cabinet perfectly and while we were at it upgraded to the DTV DVR plus...everything now works on one remote!! Yippeeee!! By the way Insignia is a Best Buy brand, and is actually a very nice piece of equipment for the money!