Best place to wire in led light strip.

2013 Greystone 34qb. Looking to install an led light strip on side of camper under awning. I purchased a 5050 led light strip in plain white. I need to know where the best place is to wire them. Thank you

danemayer

Hi Popperchad,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you'll get some wiring ideas shortly.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Yes, I do have an electric awning.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do have an electric awning

I did what you want to do to our Northtrail by tracing the power wire for the awning. It was behind the front mount for the awning, almost to the very bottom. Once I got the wiring pushed through I ran it to the fuse panel and to its own switch. It was not that difficult to do really and took me about half a day. I did it that way mostly because I did not want to drill anymore holes through the side.

I did what you want to do to our Northtrail by tracing the power wire for the awning. It was behind the front mount for the awning, almost to the very bottom. Once I got the wiring pushed through I ran it to the fuse panel and to its own switch. It was not that difficult to do really and took me about half a day. I did it that way mostly because I did not want to drill anymore holes through the side.

Thank you. That sounds like a good way to go about it.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
I ran a wire from the 12volt outlet in the bedroom out the window using a very 'light' wire, which did seal in the window seal, out to the LED strip.

Bogie

I ran the power for mine from the scare light and also added a switch inside to toggle between the scare light and the LED strip.

You can see a couple of pictures by checking out the link to my mods in my signature.

I ran the power for mine from the scare light and also added a switch inside to toggle between the scare light and the LED strip.

You can see a couple of pictures by checking out the link to my mods in my signature.

That sounds like a great idea. I'm thinking about tying it in to the porch light.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I ran 32' of LEDs along the frame and tapped into power from the little lights that sit behind the steps. Ours are controlled by a toggle switch right inside the door near the floor. Makes it easy to turn on and off from the outside. Not sure if that would work for your application with the awning lights.