Landmark washer & dryer

beardedone

Beardedone
My wife would like to know how much water the washer uses. At our home campground we only have water/electricity so how long can we go without filling the tanks is important. If she had a rough idea of how much water she is using then we could manage out schedule a little better. Any ideas? Thanks in advanceNone

davebennington

beardedone,

What model do you have? We just had a splendie installed if it is the same I will go out and look at the paper work.

Dave

beardedone

Beardedone
Hi Dave.
That is the model we have but the info isn't in the book. So that is why I am asking if anyone has experience that way. Thanks for responding

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
All I can tell you is, I have the whirlpool stackables...forgot to open the dump valve last week...took two showers and did three loads of laundry and the tank was still not full. Really surprised me when I realized it...so I'd say the 7.5 gallon is probably closer to the real usage on these types of units!

driver311

the washing machine doesnt use the holding tank . it is plumed direct to the drain line. if u leave the cap on and the gray water valve open it will fill the tank.

driver311NoneNone

Pulltab

the washing machine doesnt use the holding tank . it is plumed direct to the drain line. if u leave the cap on and the gray water valve open it will fill the tank.

driver311NoneNone

I believe you are wrong Driver, I am sure the washing machine drains to the holding tank, anything else would be ignorant. If they did that, then as soon as you removed the cap you would get showered with grey water regardless of whether you closed the valve or not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
You're correct Tab...My tank valve was closed and the cap open with sewer hose hooked up...so it couldn't drain straight out. It has to go thru gray tank 1.

Not to mention I have purposely used the gray tank to do laundry when I did not have sewer hook-up. When I went to the dump station I still had to open the dump valve before anything would drain out.

jpmorgan37

Two showers and two loads of wash and the holding tank is full and backing up in the shower.

That's our experience anyway with the Splendide Combo-Matic 6200.

John

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks for the replies. We finally got ours working, they had to finiish the plumbing, and have a handle on it. Not a big problem with volumn if you watch the gauge. Two loads will probably do it together with normal use. Our first one was a disaster as the pipe, which was hidden, was not connected. Flooded the place but now repaired in Great Falls and on the way again.

Can you see the smile on my wife's face.

Gerry