Baffled! Propane not working at Hot water tank or stove but furnace & fridge work

dmspkm

We have a 2017 Trail Runner 27RKS. We are half way to a 2 month trip in Florida and last week started having problems with the propane that has me totally baffled. Here is the sequence of the appliances attached to 2 30# LP tanks. Both are about 3/4 full. First on the run is the furnace, it works fine. #2 is the hot water tank, this works on electric but will not work on propane. #3 is the stove, it does not work. #4 is the fridge, this works on both electric propane. If I shut off the tanks and disconnect the line at the hot water tank, the pressure releases. I open the tanks back up and I can light the stove and the hot water tank fires up on propane, once. If I turn them off. I can't re-light the stove. I don't even get a hiss of pressurized gas, and the hot water won't fire up on propane. Store is a Surburban, 3 burner. Hot water tank is an Atwood. Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem and how to resolve it?

Oregon_Camper

When was the last time it worked?

Any chance spiders made their way inside and filled with webbing? This is a fairly common issue for the hot water heater.

mlpeloquin

Did you try turning just one tank on at a time and the tank selector valve to the one tank that is on? Each one has its own pressure regulator. It is a shot in the dark, but isolating the system to one tank at a time helps simplify the system a bit.

dmspkm

Just saw that I never updated with the solution...turns out our dual regulator was shot. The dealer thinks that the furnace had enough of a draw on the gas line to "pull" the gas out but the other appliances are more passive. Their customer service was great! The guys in the shop spent lots of time on the phone with me trying to trouble shoot. They offered to overnight a regulator to me (at no charge) to try but I opted to pick one up that day at a local RV dealer (Who was also great and told me that if his new regulator didn't fix the problem I could return if for a full refund). Final result was that when we got home, 2 moths later, they replace the single regulator I bought with a dual switch over and covered it under warranty. I'm a happy camper!