BBQ Grill

olcoon

The grill we have now is a Coleman, kind of looks like the old gas stoves, but is propane. Not really happy with it, as even on the low setting, it will burn the meat we are cooking. From reading posts in the past, it seems like a lot of people have the Weber Q grills, and seem happy with them. I'm curious can you turn them down low enough to keep from burning your food? Or does someone have a recommendation for something else? Of course I'm looking for something that is compact & light weight.Thanks in advance!

Niles

We really like the Holland companion, it will not flame up and burn your food. One thing it is slower cooking, however as I tell my friends it is always moist and succulent.:p

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We like our O-Grill. http://www.pro-iroda.com/OGrill.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
90ff297099af2dec8d2ca5f5c31d6fd5.jpg

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Bought one of these at the Tucson, AZ Camping World last year while attending the 2016 HOC Rodeo Rally and love it:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/olive-bbqtek-grill/72908

This thing is affordable and works great and just as good as any of the others out there for three times the price.

We have one of those Coleman camp grills (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/coleman-roadtrip-classic-grill-blue/35188) and it burns the you know what out of everything you put on it, not too mention that when you try to clean the racks the teflon comes right off.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I have the Weber Q-220 and love it. Yes you can adjust the flame somewhat, but if you don't pay attention to it, it will burn your meat. But then any grill will do that if you're not paying attention. I use the silicone pad to cook on. Not only can I get the steaks the way I like them, it makes clean up a whole lot easier. Just pick the silicone pad up and wash it in the sink. Very little clean up needed on the grill itself. The biggest draw back to the silicone pad is that it takes longer to heat up the grill and longer to cook the food but to me that's a plus because I can control how my meat cooks much better.

mlpeloquin

We have a Weber Q and grill as well as use it as an oven. Use a small aluminum pan with a roast or chicken. Place a oven thermometer along side and I prop the lid, if needed, to maintain the proper temperature. Works like a charm.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have two Weber Q-200 series grills, one with a thermometer, the other without. Bought one from my sister after they sold their rig. Neither gets a really high flame, even set on high, but you can sure turn it down to almost nothing. When I grill, I don't walk away from them and use a digital fork thermometer and a stopwatch to prevent overcooking anything. I do the same at home on our large Weber.

Attachments

• photo 21.JPG
    photo 21.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 70

lynndiwagoner

I imagine if you walk around a big RV park you will see that the majority of grills are Weber baby "Q's." For two people it's hard to beat and lasts a long time. You can turn it down to almost nothing.

crors7

Treager, tailgater or ptg, once you cook on one you'll never cook on anything else again!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Roy, if you want just a grill go with a Weber Q series.
If you want to go beyond just grillin get a pellet grill. Treager was mentioned and there are a number of brands to choose from.
Rec Tec is my brand of choice.
Could be some smokin goin on in Goshen. :)

Peace
Dave

CDN

B and B
We have a Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker. Love the way this cooks meat so moist. Being a new Trailer we gave up the RVQ with the old one bought a 20,000 btu BBQ from Costco Stainless grates should do for quick burgers and such.

I agree some smoking going on in Goshen.

esscobra

Sams club sells a portable propane grill which adjusts down to nice low flame- 99.00 and mine is one its 3rd year- cooks jalepeno poppers and shrimp poppers nice and low- good medium heat on steaks and high works like a oven

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 38