DETERMINED: Unknown rocker switch in my control panel

My dealer can't tell me what this controls, can anyone out there help please? Just got a 2017 Landmark Charleston.There is a black rocker switch to the right of the Remote Switch for the Inverter, which is also to the left of the Power Control System Central Monitor Panel. We can't determine what it controls. Does anyone know. Thanks

jimtoo

Re: Unknown rocker switch in my control panel

Hi Robertetlin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Probably is the switch for the name sign that attaches to the front door-side bracket. You should have received a form to request the sign.

brianlajoie

If it isn't the welcome home sign, it could be the security lights or the led strip under the awning.

If it isn't the welcome home sign, it could be the security lights or the led strip under the awning.
Thanks Brian, but it is neither of those. I wonder if it could be to energize the backup camera circuit?Does anyone have a backup camera that their unit was prewired at the factory? Thanks

BusManRG

We have an unmarked switch that turns on the one of the outside electrical receptacles. I've also heard comments that the heat switch for the tanks that is part of the Yeti Package is sometimes unmarked. Can't speak to that directly as we didn't add that package (darn).

Sandy

Mburtsvt

I have a switch on a wall and a few in the control panel box. I found out since I did not option the 3rd awning on my RV they put the switch in "just in case". I suspect that the next thing I hear is that it's a "special feature" of your Landmark.

3rd RV And i have never seen one with so very little information on what the switches do. I had to make my own template to figure out what slide switch is what.

Somewhat challenging.

We have an unmarked switch that turns on the one of the outside electrical receptacles. I've also heard comments that the heat switch for the tanks that is part of the Yeti Package is sometimes unmarked. Can't speak to that directly as we didn't add that package (darn).

Sandy
Thanks Sandy, I checked the electrical outlet outside. The switch does not control that. Also, FYI-I have the YETI package and those two switches are nicely marked. Oh well, I'll keep looking and probably call Heartland on Monday.

Mburtsvt

So I went out to the RV this morning. One of the unidentified stand alone switches in my control panel is for the “night lights” along the floor. At first it did not do anything - it was not until I used the switch in the bathroom that it worked. I suspect they are not ”switched alike”. I’ll add this to my warranty list. You should be able to turn them off and on at both switches.

Hi Robertetlin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M
Thanks for the welcome Jim.

pegmikef

Thanks Sandy, I checked the electrical outlet outside. The switch does not control that. Also, FYI-I have the YETI package and those two switches are nicely marked. Oh well, I'll keep looking and probably call Heartland on Monday.

Mine has two sets of outside outlets. One is always hot, but the other one near one of the awning arms is switched so you can hang lights on the awning and then control them with the switch.

It was for the USB Outlet for my sign!

So I went out to the RV this morning. One of the unidentified stand alone switches in my control panel is for the “night lights” along the floor. At first it did not do anything - it was not until I used the switch in the bathroom that it worked. I suspect they are not ”switched alike”. I’ll add this to my warranty list. You should be able to turn them off and on at both switches.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the mystery. My "switchalike", also known as three way switches are located by thermostats by the entry and the other in the bedroom by the electronic light switch panel. I do appreciate your input though.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine has two sets of outside outlets. One is always hot, but the other one near one of the awning arms is switched so you can hang lights on the awning and then control them with the switch.

UERKA!! You folks are brilliant. I do have a second outlet outside, just under a bracket which I think is for a name plate and a USB charging port outlet. That switch controls that outlet. Thank you so much for leading me there!!! Have a good weekend.