hydraulic front jack slowly dropping while driving

meagle

My coach has the Lippert level up leveling system. While driving the entry side front leveling jack has dropped 2 to 3 inches after about an hour or two on the road. Any ideas of the cause and possible solution(s)?

brianlajoie

I would call Lippert asap. Have you check the reservoir? Check the hoses and the connections for leaks.

Since the slides are hydraulic, I would keep an eye on them just to be safe until you figure out what is going on.

I had a problem where one of my level up legs would not retract. Calling Lippert helped me figure out the problem.

meagle

I checked for leaks and did not see any. The fluid level seems full. I will call Lippert tomorrow AM to see if they can help with this problem. I am on my way to Mesa, Az and have another 200 miles to go. To be on the safe side I might secure the landing leg with a tie down while traveling tomorrow. Thank you for your reply.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I checked for leaks and did not see any. The fluid level seems full. I will call Lippert tomorrow AM to see if they can help with this problem. I am on my way to Mesa, Az and have another 200 miles to go. To be on the safe side I might secure the landing leg with a tie down while traveling tomorrow. Thank you for your reply.

You could possibly just have a piece of debris stuck in the solenoid valve. Has it been happening a few times of just once ?
If it were me I'd run the jacks down then back up a few times and see if it clears out. It could be a bad O-ring inside the valve also that is allowing the Hyd fluid to pass through. You can also check the allen set screws in the end of the control valves, It possible one is not in or out all the way. (not sure which way they should be) sorry .... We can always go look for you.

Hope this helps you
Jerrod

meagle

Hi Jess. Thank you for the advice. I will run them up and down several times after I hook it up to my vehicle. It just started happening on my latest leg of a baseball spring training trip. I will check the valves as you suggested. If it turns out to be the O ring inside of the landing jack is it replaceable or is it a new landing jack?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It is possibly a bad seal in the ram (Jack) but I would think it's probably a control valve bypassing.
Is it the leg the always goes down first when you push the switch to lower your jacks ??

Is the RV dropping in the front when your set up ?

Do you put the front jacks up manually or do you use the auto retract features on the Level-up ?
I love that feature.

Also next time it's up see if you can stand on it with some weight and get it to move down. Basically recreating the problem at a faster pace.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BigGuy82

You said you might secure the jack with a tie down. Suggest you don't move the coach until you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You said you might secure the jack with a tie down. Suggest you don't move the coach until you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will stop going down when it hits the ground !!!! LOL

If it were me.... I wouldn't worry about strapping it up. I'd check it every so often and see what its doing. I still think it was a fluke thing. I'd want to see if it does it again....

BigGuy82

It will stop going down when it hits the ground !!!! LOL

If it were me.... I wouldn't worry about strapping it up. I'd check it every so often and see what its doing. I still think it was a fluke thing. I'd want to see if it does it again....
As long as it doesn't bottom out between checks. In God we Trust?

meagle

I called Lippert and spoke to one of their service techs. He was nice and has seen this problem before. He said if the problem persists he believes that it would either be the solenoid on the right jack or the jack itself. There is an internal O ring and if it is allowing the fluid to seep by it, it would cause the jack to slowly drop. I followed Jess' advice and raised and lowered the front jacks several times. I started for Mesa, Az from Lake Havasu and stopped and checked it quite often. It did not drop down at all! Much different than the day before where I had to stop and raise it up every 30 to 60 miles. I will continue to monitor it very closely. Of note I did find one of the red hydraulic lines that had a small amount of fluid seeping where the hose attached to the fitting. I will replace it very soon. I want to thank all of you for the great advice. I find the Heartland Owners Group to be very helpful when one of us has a problem.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I want to thank all of you for the great advice. I find the Heartland Owners Group to be very helpful when one of us has a problem.

Isn't it great to have someplace to ask questions and de-mystify a problem before you react to it? Thanks to the collective background knowledge of the forum, you can find a solution, quickly, and often much less painfully, than taking it directly to a dealer to fix (or not).

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk