Tow Vehicle--alignment?

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I have a question on my tow vehicle tire wear--I could ask dealer or alignment people but get a lot better advise here. I have a 2005 Silverado 3500. Got it aligned about 1.5 years ago at Henderson's in grants Pass (who I would recommend), but am now in FL and do not have confidence in dually alignment--unless someone know a good place? I have wear on both outside dually tires on the inside of each tire. I have no issues in the front and no pulling either way. Thoughts about an alignment or just rotate tires.
Thanks
al

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

If you are talking about the inside and out side edges of both dully tires or just the outside ones and both sides, check the air pressure. If under inflated, the tires will wear in the outer edges. They will also over heat do to the flexing being under inflated. All dully tires should be at the same pressure.

Bri4Sis

Hi everyone,
I have a question on my tow vehicle tire wear--I could ask dealer or alignment people but get a lot better advise here. I have a 2005 Silverado 3500. Got it aligned about 1.5 years ago at Henderson's in grants Pass (who I would recommend), but am now in FL and do not have confidence in dually alignment--unless someone know a good place? I have wear on both outside dually tires on the inside of each tire. I have no issues in the front and no pulling either way. Thoughts about an alignment or just rotate tires.
Thanks
al
Where at in florida

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

justafordguy

X2, That sounds like an inflation issue. Not really anyway for mis-alignment to affect just the outside rear tires I don't think.

aatauses

Thanks everyone. I thought the pressure was the same at 70, but will double check each tire. We are volunteering in crystal river, FL.
al