Kayak & bike carrier

rcofd2

Our base model with bicycle attachment fits 2
Kayaks up to 32" wide and two Bicycles.
Here's some thing I'm ordering for my RV.. Anybody have one of these......
www.Kayakrack.com

RV Kayak Rack - Bicycle Attachment

f7c9ed_37f53855e1324b8493ed492e971bc472.png

Oregon_Camper

I looked into that, but my Ocean Kayak is 13.5' feet long (has optional trolling motor), so adding another ~2 feet for the hitch height and I was going to be WAAAY to tall going down the freeway.

So, for now, our primary camping use, we purchased 2 inflatable Kayak's. Not the exact experience as hard sided, but it works for us.

We still have our 2 hard sided Kayaks, when we're not camping and can carry them without the 5th wheel attached.

I looked into that, but my Ocean Kayak is 13.5' feet long (has optional trolling motor), so adding another ~2 feet for the hitch height and I was going to be WAAAY to tall going down the freeway.

So, for now, our primary camping use, we purchased 2 inflatable Kayak's. Not the exact experience as hard sided, but it works for us.

We still have our 2 hard sided Kayaks, when we're not camping and can carry them without the 5th wheel attached.

Have you thought about something like this, We carry two 12 foot Hobie outbacks kayaks on top and carry two bicycles via the bike carrier after I bolted on a a 2” receiver to the back of the trailer(sorry I don’t have an updated photo). Once in a while pull the Jeep and attach the bike to the back of the jeep, but that puts me out almost 80 ft in total length. The kayaks travel with no issues and don’t limit forward visibility.

I looked at the Kayakrac, but due to the cost and carrying a 12 ft Kayak vertically, I was concerned about trailer chocking up and down at the very back. This would require that the kayaks sit a minimum of 2 feet off the ground which put it extremely high around 14 ft in hight.

Last edited:

TxRoadWarrior362

Have you thought about something like this, We carry two 12 foot Hobie outbacks kayaks on top and carry two bicycles via the bike carrier after I bolted on a a 2” receiver to the back of the trailer(sorry I don’t have an updated photo). Once in a while pull the Jeep and attach the bike to the back of the jeep, but that puts me out almost 80 ft in total length. The kayaks travel with no issues and don’t limit forward visibility.

I looked at the Kayakrac, but due to the cost and carrying a 12 ft Kayak vertically, I was concerned about trailer chocking up and down at the very back. This would require that the kayaks sit a minimum of 2 feet off the ground which put it extremely high around 14 ft in hight.

All I can say is WOW!

Oregon_Camper

Have you thought about something like this, We carry two 12 foot Hobie outbacks kayaks on top .......

Yea, I would "like" to do this, but I "LOVE" riding our dirt bikes more than Kayaking at this point.

The picture below is way outdated (old truck..old trailer...old motorcycle) but you can see I carry one motorcycle up front. I have the same custom hitch installed on my new truck to carry my wife's dirt bike (WR250) and if you look REALLY hard you can see the rack still attached to my truck in my signature picture. Then I have my bike (WR450) on the back of the Bighorn.

So, when we get to the point where we stop riding (I'm hoping never!) the hard-sided Kayak's might come camping again.

Outback.jpg

TxRoadWarrior362

Yea, I would "like" to do this, but I "LOVE" riding our dirt bikes more than Kayaking at this point.

The picture below is way outdated (old truck..old trailer...old motorcycle) but you can see I carry one motorcycle up front. I have the same custom hitch installed on my new truck to carry my wife's dirt bike (WR250) and if you look REALLY hard you can see the rack still attached to my truck in my signature picture. Then I have my bike (WR450) on the back of the Bighorn.

So, when we get to the point where we stop riding (I'm hoping never!) the hard-sided Kayak's might come camping again.

View attachment 50259

very nice! One ac wouldn't cut it in Texas. :cool:

All I can say is WOW!

Yeah I know, really need a toy hauler, but neither me or the wife can agree to down grade from the Landmark to a toy hauler. I don’t like to take the Jeep unless I really need to as I’m well beyond the limits of the Law for length and have only pulled it a few times which was challenging. I can’t see it and always have fears of it breaking loose or getting a flat and dragging it for miles without any knowledge.

TxRoadWarrior362

Yeah I know, really need a toy hauler, but neither me or the wife can agree to down grade from the Landmark to a toy hauler. I don’t like to take the Jeep unless I really need to as I’m well beyond the limits of the Law for length and have only pulled it a few times which was challenging. I can’t see it and always have fears of it breaking loose or getting a flat and dragging it for miles without any knowledge.

I'll ignore that downgrade comment, and move on. Lol :cool:

I'll ignore that downgrade comment, and move on. Lol :cool:

Hey there Tx, no disrespect at all on that, I love the rear patios and the ability of the garage, but it comes at a cost of a smaller kitchen, limited options of a dinner table and seating options and not sold on the color options. If only I could add a third axle and 13ft garage to the back of my Landmak...... LOL

TxRoadWarrior362

Hey there Tx, no disrespect at all on that, I love the rear patios and the ability of the garage, but it comes at a cost of a smaller kitchen, limited options of a dinner table and seating options and not sold on the color options. If only I could add a third axle and 13ft garage to the back of my Landmak...... LOL

It's all good, had to bust your chops.

Tim