Trip to Grand Canyon

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Nice...

We stopped at the Railside Ranch RV Park in Williams AZ and took the Grand Canyon railway to the Grand Canyon. Great trip and one of the absolute prettiest places we've ever been to. HERE is a link to my blog post of our visit with some photos of the canyon.

EOneal59

We stayed at the Grand Canyon Railroad RV Park in Williams. Took the train to the canyon the first day, then drove up and took the Dessert View drive the second day and enjoyed every minute. The Grand Canyon is a must see

bush

We went last spring. Stayed at railside RV ranch. Nice Campground and people. The Grand canyon was beautiful but scared me to death. Afraid of heights.

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_161649105_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160516_161649105_HDR.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20160516_144322612_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160516_144322612_HDR.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 67

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We spent two nights at Camper Village RV Park in Tusayan, AZ (town just outside the south rim park) back in January, 2015.

Crowds were small that time of year and the day temps were in the upper 50's.

The RV park we were in was not even half full and the one inside the Grand Canyon Park was almost empty.

TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

Jdodge836

I just had a trip up there with my New Bighorn 3970RD, absolutly love this thing. Traded up from my 2014 Jayco Eagle TT. Great trip love the canyon.

danemayer

Hi Jdodge836,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining the discussion. Feel free to post about your adventures.

Restofrank

We went last spring. Stayed at railside RV ranch. Nice Campground and people. The Grand canyon was beautiful but scared me to death. Afraid of heights.

Wow! Nice pictures! We going to be there in June and we're staying in Williams. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Frank

Diamondjim

Back in the late 80's, just before our oldest was to graduate high school, we took a brand new Mallard 24' Class C cross country without any agenda, except to drive west. Owning a site in an Gated RV Community in NYS we were automatically members of Camp Coast-to-Coast. With this membership, we could camp at any other c-t-c in the US for $1. (this was yesterday!)
We traveled 11k miles in 6 weeks, showing our kids the sights.
At the Grand Canyon, my wife insisted that we needed to watch the sun come up over the Canyon. Rolled the rig into the Canyon overlook at the appointed time, woke the kids and had breakfast watching the sun come up!
Awesome trip. Our daughter was our navigator (at age 14) and she dictated where we would stay at the end of each day of travel. Her criteria..... if the place had a pool, we stopped!
Our trip from NY to Pikes Peak was a speedy one, as we were looking at the west as our goal.

Restofrank

Back in the late 80's, just before our oldest was to graduate high school, we took a brand new Mallard 24' Class C cross country without any agenda, except to drive west. Owning a site in an Gated RV Community in NYS we were automatically members of Camp Coast-to-Coast. With this membership, we could camp at any other c-t-c in the US for $1. (this was yesterday!)
We traveled 11k miles in 6 weeks, showing our kids the sights.
At the Grand Canyon, my wife insisted that we needed to watch the sun come up over the Canyon. Rolled the rig into the Canyon overlook at the appointed time, woke the kids and had breakfast watching the sun come up!
Awesome trip. Our daughter was our navigator (at age 14) and she dictated where we would stay at the end of each day of travel. Her criteria..... if the place had a pool, we stopped!
Our trip from NY to Pikes Peak was a speedy one, as we were looking at the west as our goal.

Nice story!