ATF: Prowler - Loose Wiring found in A/C electrical section

CKFX

While taking the interior A/C return air filter out for cleaning I looked up at the wiring feeding into the air conditioner and found 2 wires not connected to anything.

The first appears to be about 10 gauge and bright solid yellow, it has a crush type end cap, which normally acts as a mechanical joining of two or more wires, or is an insulator "dead end" for a hot wire.

The second is about 18 gauge with 2 white wires running parallel and molded together. These two wires end in a crush pin type male connector end. The other end of these wires attach to the electrical panel feeding into the A/C and are 2 female slide on blade type ends and are attached to 2 male spades marked as "FREEZE".

My question is are the yellow and paired white supposed to be affixed together?

Attaching photos of the wires free ends, and where the paired white attach.

Attachments

• WIRE QUESTION PROWLER 1.jpg
    WIRE QUESTION PROWLER 1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 38
  • WIRE QUESTION PROWLER 3.jpg
    WIRE QUESTION PROWLER 3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 37

justafordguy

The 2 small white wires with the silver end is the frost sensor. It should be in the evaporator coil and tells the system if the coil is freezing up. Not sure about the yellow one.

CKFX

Thank you to "Just Ford Guy" for the answer to the white paired wire.

Took time this morning to reinstall it into condenser, and found why it was hanging free, the electrical A/C control box had never been mounted to the front of the air duct box. While moving this control box up and trying to figure why it was just hanging by its wires, I saw up high at the front of the plenum 2 threaded studs that matched the mounting holes in the control box molding. Mounted the control box and then reinstalled the freeze sensor wire.

Attaching picture of control box hanging at bottom of duct next to condenser, by its wires.

The yellow wire is still a mystery, till I get a chance to access the Mach 15 wiring diagram.

Again this forum provides good information, thank you.

Fx

Attachments

• WIRE QUESTION 4.jpg
    WIRE QUESTION 4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21