12 volt light replacement with LED?

Dfultz

This is Jo, Danny's wife. My question is, can I easily replace the very dim 12 volt bulbs with LED or do I need (or even am I able) to replace the entire 12 volt fixture with an LED fixture. Will the current wiring be able to withstand a whole new light/wattage/type? I haven't asked my husband, just wanted to replace it myself.

Thank you for any help.

Jo

jimtoo

Hi Jo,

Yes, you can replace the original bulbs with the LED's. You should not have any problems.

Jim M

Dfultz

Clarification...can I easily replace the 12 volt bulb with an LED bulb, or will I need to remove/replace the entire sconce/light?

danemayer

Jo,

I thought Landmark 365 had gone to all LED bulbs already. Can you post a picture of the light fixture.

HornedToad

Bulb Chart from SOB forum...

Attachments

• 38CABC51-143A-4EC1-9ACE-E1D57C9ABB24_zpsbr5wipaj (2).jpg
    38CABC51-143A-4EC1-9ACE-E1D57C9ABB24_zpsbr5wipaj (2).jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 184

mlpeloquin

Just get a LED bulb with the same base as the incandescent one you have. LED bulbs use far less power that the incandescent ones you are going to replace. I have done this. Most happy with the replacements especially with the reading lamps that really heated up. You have a choice of color of the light.
[h=5]The Range of Color Temperature[/h] The three primary types of color temperature for light bulbs are: Soft White (2700K – 3000K), Bright White/Cool White (3500K – 4100K), and Daylight (5000K – 6500K). I chose the bright cool white LED's.

Anything over 5200K starts to look blueish. 2700 - 3000k looks yellowish to red. The sun is about 5500K daylight balance photo graphic film standard.

wdk450

Just get a LED bulb with the same base as the incandescent one you have. LED bulbs use far less power that the incandescent ones you are going to replace. I have done this. Most happy with the replacements especially with the reading lamps that really heated up. You have a choice of color of the light.
The Range of Color Temperature

The three primary types of color temperature for light bulbs are: Soft White (2700K – 3000K), Bright White/Cool White (3500K – 4100K), and Daylight (5000K – 6500K). I chose the bright cool white LED's.

Anything over 5200K starts to look blueish. 2700 - 3000k looks yellowish to red. The sun is about 5500K daylight balance photo graphic film standard.

Added benefits of changing to LED lights, with the 1/10th current draw of equivalent incandescent bulbs, are longer and more dependable light switch life, and reduced drain on the battery system when boondocking (living off the grid).

Lynn1130

I did not see any directly related threads in the section at the bottom of this page so you might have to do a search but there are a bunch of LED conversion threads on this site that may help including where to buy. This has been a pretty active topic over the years.

I thought that Dan had gotten permission to post a rather involved article on LEDs for RVs but will have to look for it.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
My light over the microwave in my BH 3670 blew two days ago and I decided it was time to switch out my halogen over head (Lounge and Ceiling) to LED's.

Thanks to the chart that was posted on this thread, I knew I had to get "bi pin" bases. 2nd thing was what brightness we wanted, so we went with the bright white.

Got 10 of these bulbs, took about 1½ beers to change out all ten (plus clean the lenses, sweep up afterwards, etc.). About to order the next 10 to do the bedroom, hallway and the lights over the table & lounge seats. Going to have to get a single dimmable one to do the entrance light.

Happy with the look, but will have to wait until night fall to see the full effects of the new lights.

ramdually4100king

I replaced all my lights 5 years ago with LED lights from here:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

I haven't had to change one since. I full time and my wife keeps the lights on almost all day and my power bill went down about $30 a month. So it took almost 2 years to recoup the cost but worth it.