Washer door lock/unlock issue

Dfultz

Not sure if anyone has had this issue, but I got an answer.

We have had our Landmark Newport (with Splendide stackables) since October. Never had an issue until we got to our current RV Park in Mid-Florida. Occasionally during the day, but mostly at night, our washer (although completely powered off) would start locking and unlocking on its' own. I called our dealer and he had no idea, nor had he ever heard of such a thing. So, I contacted the manufacturer. Their tech department asked if we had a history of this and I said no, so he asked if it started after moving to a new place....YES!
He explained it had something to do with the electrical current bringing in a signal which was telling our washer to lock the door. They have also had a customer say their pump was turning on, which was also caused by an electrical signal. He said there was no problem and that it would not hurt anything (although it freaked us out at night). His suggestion was to unplug or power off at the breaker.

Hope this experience, of ours, helps someone else.

J

danemayer

I can see that it might be possible that some local interference is responsible, but it's also possible there's a defect in the circuit board that controls the washer. Of the two possibilities, a circuit board defect seems to me to be more likely.

You might want to start logging the lock/unlock activity to see if it comes and goes at particular times, and for how long. If you happen to be near a ham radio operator with a high power setup, that could be responsible. But if that's the case, the problem will go away when you leave this park.

If it continues at multiple locations, I would think it's time for a new board.

Dfultz

Great thought and that was my original thinking, that is why we called the company for warranty repair. We will be at this location for a few more weeks. When I get to new place, we will see IF it continues. IF SO, then yes, I will call them back and ask for a warranty repair.

mlpeloquin

We have a Splendide washer and dryer combo. We had the washer run one load and then on the second load lock the door and then just sit there. The next RV park I started the washer and it would run and dry for one load and repeat by locking the door on the second load and just sit there. I called Splendide and sent me a new control board. They wanted me to take it to and approved service center which was at a dealer I do not trust. So he sent me the service manual and the board. Easy to replace and no runaround. Splendide may have a failure list and causes. So do not worry unless this continues at another park or two. I have never had your problem, but will be at least knowledgeable about it.