draining fresh water tank

sharmulst

After positioning the 2 valves for draining fresh water tank, I need to use the pump to get water to discharge from drain line. Is this normal? I would think that tank would drain by gravity. Is there a valve underneath the tank?

Scott

Fresh Water Tank Drain

The power tank drain system that utilizes the water pump is standard on all Bighorns and Landmarks. This is the way it is done on on a number of higher end coaches (especially motorhomes).
However, because a good number of owners were also asking for the parts to install their own gravity drain system, we have been installing a gravity drain system as well on the Bighorns for the last few months.
If you think you would like to add a gravity drain system to your coach, you can contact your dealer, or the Bighorn engineer who can provide a drawing that shows where to cut the underbelly to do it. Once you have the location for your floorplan, it is as simple as cutting an access point in the underbelly (only cut three sides and fold it down); cutting the fresh water drain line and adding in a "T" with a valve on it. I say "simple" but I probably would not be able to do it as I am not so good with mechanicals or plumbing.
That being said, I know of atleast three owners who have done this on their own.

ST