New to the Group - Heartland Pioneer RG22

Hey everyone,
Our family just upgraded our camping package from a pop-up camper to a Pioneer RG22 yesterday!! We're so excited to be able to haul around our 2 ATV's with our Chevy Silverado 1500 without having to upgrade our vehicle to do so!

We (my husband and I) have 2 kids who love to ride and camp with us. We live in Colorado and we usually do dispersed camping trips within 5-6 hours of our home at least 3-4 times a year (hopefully increasing that to 5-7 times now that we have the RG22!

So I'm mainly posted to say HI! Would love to talk to anyone else that has an RG22, as it seems most with toy haulers have a ginormous one and it's hard to discuss our "tiny" 26' one. What do you all have?

We haven't taken ownership of the toy hauler till Monday since we need to do a walk thru after the RV show but I'm soooo looking forward to making it perfect for us. I know the #1 thing I want to do is to get more countertop space by buying/making a sink cover/cutting board so I can set things on that space and/or a stovetop cover also. Anyone have experience on where to buy or how to make those?

jbeletti

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations in advance of taking delivery of your Pioneer!

I too live in CO. Follow the link in my sig below to look into the Heartland Owners Club. We have a very active Colorado chapter. It would be great to meet your family at a Heartland Owners Club rally!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome from East Tennessee. Ya will have to make a summer trip from the Rockies to the Smoky Mountains sometime. Enjoy and Congratulations.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your Pioneer. Hope to meet you soon. I sent a pm on the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power247

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Pioneer! Ours is a bunkhouse model so can't help with the garage stuff.

I made a cover for the stove with just 1/2" thick plywood with cleats attached to the edge on the back and sides. Not very fancy but it works.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new Pioneer and welcome to the forum Such a great place with great people and great info. Don't be a stranger and post some pics when you take delivery. Best part of owning a Heartland rig is you are now eligible to join the HOC and attend a rally or two. You can then begin to put faces to the names you see here on this site. I believe the HOC is one of the best selling points for Heartland. Attend a rally or two and you'll meet people from all walks of life who share your passion for RVing.
Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet you down the road.

skippydo

Hi Jenners

I can help a little with your question about a stove to cover for added counter space. We have been traveling around in our camper for 4 years now. LOVE IT
We do not have a toy hauler because we don't have big toys :p

Anyway, I googled Universal RV stove cover before I posted this for you.

Amazon has a bunch for 48bucks. I saw the color black.
We purchased ours at Camping Word for 40bucks or so, it is wood. I found after the 40.00 purchase that it does sit on my stove nicely BUT get this...my favorite is still my 1/2" hard plastic cutting board. It does sit on top of my expensive wooden one. I think I bought that one at Walmart for 1/2 the cost.

*One of our favorite kitchen thingies is what looks like a Elementary school lunch tray (no little areas to put corn or applesauce but flat) I load it UP to hand out to my husband when he cooks on the grill.

**Plastic wear in clear plastic little tub from Walmart has become my new best friend. It stores in the Microwave absolutely perfect for out of sight and traveling**

Have FUN!! PS I am new to this group too.