T32 Generator Compartment Storage

Swodi

New T32 owner here. We did not get the Onan with our hauler so there's this nice space for storage. Of course there is also a sticker saying not to use it for storage. My logic is that if it can hold a generator it can hold some cables and hoses. Is there a reason why the generator compartment is not supposed to be used for storage, or is that warning there only for when there is a generator installed?

Oregon_Camper

We don't have the generator either...and we didn't have a sticker.

I packed that compartment about 3/4 full of stuff.....chairs, motorcycle boots, motorcycle clothing, etc....

Swodi

We don't have the generator either...and we didn't have a sticker.

I packed that compartment about 3/4 full of stuff.....chairs, motorcycle boots, motorcycle clothing, etc....

That's good to hear. I plan to use the generator compartment for power cords, water hose, chocks, and stabilizer pads. The larger storage compartment is getting a slide out tray and will be where I store tools for the bike...sure beats digging them out from under the dinette cushions in my previous toy hauler.

CoveredWagon

New T32 owner here. We did not get the Onan with our hauler so there's this nice space for storage. Of course there is also a sticker saying not to use it for storage. My logic is that if it can hold a generator it can hold some cables and hoses. Is there a reason why the generator compartment is not supposed to be used for storage, or is that warning there only for when there is a generator installed?

Just as a wild guess as I know nothing, but if there are cutout panels in the floor of that compartment the floor structure might be weak if loaded heavily in certain areas. We have yet to pick up our Rv sans generator but I intend to put a piece of plywood or OSB on the floor and use that bay for storage. Doing that will also allow me to install tiedown points anywhere I wish.

Dave

'Lil Guy'

Could there be a possibility that they don't want stuff stowed around the generator for venting, heat and possibly other reasons. I haul quite a bit of stuff in the gen compartment of my BH. Just a thought.

Swodi

Just as a wild guess as I know nothing, but if there are cutout panels in the floor of that compartment the floor structure might be weak if loaded heavily in certain areas. We have yet to pick up our Rv sans generator but I intend to put a piece of plywood or OSB on the floor and use that bay for storage. Doing that will also allow me to install tiedown points anywhere I wish.

Dave

That's a very good point. Nothing a piece of plywood cut to fit won't fix, though. ;)

mlpeloquin

I have two batteries in mine and about 100lbs of other stuff (dog food, wood blocks, etc.). Would not put more weight than that though. It would be hard to do so though do to limited space. Remember that the outside air gets to all in the front storage do to the vent holes in the floor. So if what you store isn't bothered by humidity, put it in there.