Maiden voyage with Big Country 3355

scottie43

We are new to the Heartland family and actually this is our first 5er! After much research we decided it would be a Heartland Big Country. We were completely impressed by the construction and the extras that came with the unit. Our 3355 was delivered to our door and we saved thousands by searching the internet and buying from Great Lakes RV in Indiana. I next spent hours reading posts to this site and learned about things to watch for. I found minor issues that I was able to fix. I learned a great deal about how to get TV sound to my surround system (it works!), checked my AC and have no air flow issues, no water leaks, and updated to the Oxygenics shower head (what a difference!). Our first trip with the 5er was last week and everything was perfect. No issues with the RV, mostly because of all the info I learned on this site prior to taking it out for its maiden voyage. Thanks everyone for the posts concerning RV issues. It helped us have a great week of camping and no worries about the RV. Look forward to reading more! Hope to see some of you out there in RV land!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the Heartland Family Scottie & Barb. It's great that you had a good first trip. Many times the first outing doesn't go so well and folks get soured on a rig. Travel safe and enjoy your new BC.

deee2

Welcome to our group of proud Heartland owners. You're ahead of us, but we go out for a test run this week. CAN'T WAIT! Enjoy your new rig!

Donna :)

jimtoo

Hi Scottie & Barb,

Yes, welcome to the Heartland Forum and family. As you have already found, there is a lot of information and help if needed here on the Heartland Forum.

Glad you had a great first trip, and hope you have a lot more. If we can help you with anything, just let us know. Members are always here for answers or suggestions.

Jim M