garage wall studs?

jpatkat

hi everyone , ive never posted a" thread"? so here goes , i am trying to improve on storage and tie down points, nothing real heavy , for securing equipment in the garage so if someone could reveal the locations of studs , reinforcing braces and such in the walls i'd be much abliged... i have a 2014, 261 , thanx

Last edited by a moderator:

rxbristol

I find nothing moves in the bottom storage area--not sure why. I now have it packed with enough stuff it doesn't have room to move forward or sideways, but even the loose items that could bounce up and down don't move.

Lynn1130

I needed that information when I was looking at adding an awning over the rear door of mine. I called Heartland and they were able to track down a wall diagram with the location of studs. You might give Customer Service a call. It did take them awhile to track it down for me but they came through.

jpatkat

hey thanks for the quick reply, i guess ill contact c. s. i was hoping to avoid that but no big deal.. i did find alot of other threads with the same topic eventually and they pretty much confirmed that that is the way to go... happy trails Lynn...

LBR

If your able to view the side on an early, chilly morning, you can see where studs/supports are....sketch on paper for an overall reference drawing. Then on the side of garage, actually make pencil marks to duplicate your sketch. From this, you will be able to measure exactly where they run.

Lynn1130

Someone suggested the early chilly morning thing when I was trying to find the studs and I had to tell them that they may have those "early chilly" mornings but we don't have those with enough moisture or chill to do that here. :)

Lou_and_Bette

For interior wall stud location, I noticed when we had our RW that the studs correlated to the placement of the screws holding the strip of Diamond Plate running along the bottom of the walls. You might check and see if that is similar to yours.

sengli

When you say studs, they are only like 1" square thin walled aluminum. Not what you would refer to as "studs" as far as something thats structurally robust. The only thing that makes makes the wall assemblies strong is the fact they are laminated.

MurrayN.

I had the same dilemma. We wanted to tie our pedal bikes up against the wall and have the motorcycle in the garage. So I went to a hardware store and bought first a cheap stud finder with one flashing light. It didn't work. I returned it and got the expensive model that is 6" wide and has about 10 lights across. You slide it back and forth and the lights above the stud stay lit. I located the studs and put in some light anchors to hold the bikes. Worked 100% for us.