2900MK Living Room Slide

fndrbndr

We have a 2007 Sundance 2900MK that the living room slide will not open. It sounds like a popping sound when you try to open it. Where do I need to start first to see whats wrong with it.

Sundance_kid

Sounds like a shear pin let go, but not sure they have them.... Good luck. Had one on my front jacks let go and replaced it.

rob hutch

some time the slide can retract a little to far and you might have to start it by using the manual crank just to move it a little that worked for me once on our 3200 bhs sundance located under the entrance steps good luck

flyfishing48

I guess I would try to open with the manual crank as a first step. If it opens Ok with the crank then I would assume the slide is not bound up somehow. Also if the slide goes out with the hand crank OK then I would start to look at the drive mechanism for a problem. I would start my having the DW activate the switch while I watched the motor and rack gear.
Hope this has been of some value to you. Good luckl.

fishn2dmax

On a previous 5'er I owned, the slides rubber seals became sticky ( after a long period of non-use) and would not let the slide move out. I used the manual crank as others suggested to get the slide out, lubricated the slide seals with a factory recommended lubricant / conditioner and all was fine. The ratcheting sound is likely due to the clutch mechanism sensing too much resistance. This can be caused by sticky seals, an obstruction, mechanical problem with the slide rails (rust/ corrosion).

Another possibility is poor or inadequate power to the slide motor. If your battery(s) is even slightly down, you will not have enough power to overcome the slide resistance and the clutch will engage.

fndrbndr

Well guess what. I cant get the bar in place to open the slide manually. The steps and the side is in the way. Somebody was not thinking when they designed this. Everyone needs to check theirs too. I loosed the nut on the slide were the actuator hooks to and it was easy to open the side with a wrench.

fndrbndr

Where do you find the tape to repair the underside when you have to cut it open. I tried searching but could not find what it is called or where to get it

fndrbndr

Talked to someone at Lippert and they said to take it to a dealer and they would get it fixed. I asked if they would still warranty it if I did the repairs myself and they said sure. Told me to take measurement of all the adjustments and remove it. Removed the actuator and gave them the numbers off it and they are sending me a new one. Real nice people to deal with. Now I have to figure out how to be able to slide it manually if it ever happens again.

Has anyone ever tried to open theirs manually and if so how did you get the crank handle in there. There is no way to be able to get the crank handle in to open either side with out drilling a hole through the outside

fishn2dmax

Is it the main living slide or the kitchen slide you can't find the manual crank access hole for? I want to go out and check mine, so I want to be sure where and what I should be looking for?

I'm glad to hear lippert is working with you.

fndrbndr

I can find the hole in the frame but there is no way to insert the crank. The hole for the living room slide is at the edge of the steps. My steps partially cover the access hole

Jburks

I finally looked on our 2900MK and found the places for the living room and kitchen, but did not find anything for the bedroom, is there a place inside under the bed to manually slide this one? The slide under the step is a little hard to get to but I can reach it.

mike3fan

I finally looked on our 2900MK and found the places for the living room and kitchen, but did not find anything for the bedroom, is there a place inside under the bed to manually slide this one? The slide under the step is a little hard to get to but I can reach it.

Yes the manual bolt for the bedroom slide is located under the bed.

fishn2dmax

Fnbrndr,
I just looked under my steps on my 08 2900 Mk and I do have easy access to my manual living rooom slide crank. It sits approx 3" out from the ( rear side) step mounting bracket. I attached the manual handle crank and it worked. I'll send you a picture if you'd like? I'm trying to understand where yours would come out where the steps would interfere? At this point, I don't think it is a desgin problem, but rather something unique to your coach when it was built?

fndrbndr

I don't know what happened when it was built but there is no way to insert the crank because of where the steps are mounted. Part of the access hole is covered