A couple of RV Related Deals I Saw at the Hemet, Ca. Walmart Last Night

wdk450

Gang:
I was in the Hemet, Ca. Walmart supercenter last night and saw a couple of deals the group may be interested in. The stock and price at your local Walmart MAY be different.

They had an endcap display in the main front section of the store with the Igloo tabletop icemakers (Red only) for $95. They had about 20 of these stacked up.

In the "As Seen On TV" shelves near the checkout area, I found the Hurricane Spin Scrubber featured on HSN and infomercials for $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) for a markdown price of $30. They had a bunch of these. I am giving the spin scrubber its initial 20 hour battery charge, and will report back to the forum on how well (or not) this works on my Bighorn surfaces.

Last edited by a moderator:

szewczyk_john

Don't mean to highjack your thread but last night at by Home Depot store I saw 4 new in box Weber Q electric version for 89.00. I think they were a $300.00 item. I'm not interested but others might be. Keep in mind this is the electric version but a lot of folks are high on the Weber Q systems.

wdk450

Gang:
I was in the Hemet, Ca. Walmart supercenter last night and saw a couple of deals the group may be interested in. The stock and price at your local Walmart MAY be different.

They had an endcap display in the main front section of the store with the Igloo tabletop icemakers (Red only) for $95. They had about 20 of these stacked up.

In the "As Seen On TV" shelves near the checkout area, I found the Hurricane Spin Scrubber featured on HSN and infomercials for $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) for a markdown price of $30. They had a bunch of these. I am giving the spin scrubber its initial 20 hour battery charge, and will report back to the forum on how well (or not) this works on my Bighorn surfaces.

I gave the Hurricane Spin Scrubber a try last night. I started out with easy stuff and worked my way to the hardest stains. I ran the scrubber about 30 minutes without noticeable speed decrease from batteries declining. I used the detail brush and glass cleaner to do my laptop screen and keyboard, then my TV screen, then the front of my microwave (with oily residue from the cooktop below), then the heavily grease stained inside door on my tabletop convection-broiler, then the soap scum inside of my shower (I cleaned both the outside an inside surfaces of the shower) and lastly the #1 stained inside of the toilet. I used straight vinegar for the bathroom stuff. The scrubber definitely saved a lot of "elbow grease", but light to moderate pressure is better than heavy pressure. Most surfaces have to be wiped down with a microfiber rag after scrubbing, but I flushed the inside shower surfaces with hot water spray (and flushed the toilet). Overall, I am very pleased with the scrubber's performance. Very deep or baked on stains either take a long time scrubbing or its better to use a hand scrubber method. The TV presentations say that you don't have to use chemicals, and they used water if any cleaning solution was used. I think that this is unrealistic.

I'm going to try it on the front exterior fiberglass today. I plan to use car wash solution, a microfiber rag wipe down, and Meguars #50 RV Cleaner/Wax. This is my "dry" way of cleaning the RV exterior without a flush hose, to keep within the water use restrictions still in place at most California RV parks.