PDI Questions

klp605

Going to be doing our PDI. I have printed the wonderful PDI checklist and gone over it. My question is:

With the length it takes to do a thorough PDI, does an employee remain with you the entire time?

Our first TT was a whirlwind and we paid the price for not doing an adequate PDI. The walk through was only about 1.5 hours. Not allowing that to happen again. Not only a rookie mistake, but was my sons Make-A-Wish and it happened fast.

Oregon_Camper

I would recommend you provide the dealer a copy of the PDI and ask them to give you the 3-4 hours without their employee.

You don't need them watching over you...trying to provide you information.

I typical dealer PDI is there to provide you information on how to operate the features on the RV....not to find potential issues.

Good Luck!! :)

klp605

I would recommend you provide the dealer a copy of the PDI and ask them to give you the 3-4 hours without their employee.

You don't need them watching over you...trying to provide you information.

I typical dealer PDI is there to provide you information on how to operate the features on the RV....not to find potential issues.

Good Luck!! :)

Thank you!
Would you provide them the copy in advance or the day of? We were hoping we wouldn't have someone breathing on us, but wasn't sure if that was an unrealistic expectation.

'Lil Guy'

On our PDI the service had our basement walls open and hooked up to water and shore power. Walls open to look for leaks and wiring issues. Great starting point for an inspection. Any small leaks won't show up till it's a problem and you can familiarize yourself with the internals. Our service hand remained the whole time with a few exceptions when he had to leave for short periods of time. Good chance there will be some loose fittings on your internal plumbing like sinks and faucets. Just take your time until you feel comfortable with the results. Returning rig for simple fixes you could have caught is a lot harder than catching the problems now giving you a lot better attitude toward your new rig. Good luck with your PDI.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
My PDI took about 5.5 hours, checking everything in the coach, including all the connections under the sinks and behind the basement wall. I think this is something that and ample amount of time should be taken and not be rushed.

Rod

Oregon_Camper

Thank you!
Would you provide them the copy in advance or the day of? We were hoping we wouldn't have someone breathing on us, but wasn't sure if that was an unrealistic expectation.

I would send it to them way ahead of time. This lets them know you are serious about your PDI and they might even run over the list before you arrive to check some of the stuff themselves.

Make sure they have all connections available for you to test (50amp Shore power...water...sewer....cable tv)

Oh...I need to update the PDI, but remember to make darn sure the auto leveling unit is set properly....have them show you how to calibrate it.