Water Pressure

Fsugirl24

We purchased out Heartland 2 month ago (wahoo!) and have a question regarding the water connection at campgrounds. We have heard that the pressure, if high enough, can blow gaskets.

Does anyone have any recs regarding a water pressure regulator vs. brass 90?

Thanks and happy trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes water pressure at some campgrounds can be high enough to cause damage.
It is recommended that you do not exceed 60 psi.

The following is taken from our Water Systems Guide found in the "Tools" area of this great forum. Note the "Tools" button on the top of this page.
"CAUTION: Water pressure greater than 60 psi could cause plumbing leaks inside your trailer and could loosen fittings and connectors, causing leaks later even after normal pressure is restored. Always use a pressure regulator set between 40 and 50 psi."

The cheap plastic regulators ($) are not very reliable, the brass regulators ($$) are somewhat in limited flow rate.
The best option is a Watts adjustable regulator. ($$$)

Peace
Dave

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I've signed a release relieving the CG of liability because the municipal water pressure was great than 70 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

I have stayed at campgrounds with over 100 psi on more than one occasion.

Without a regulator?

BTW...were they in Oregon? If so, let me know the names, so I can be aware. We camp in Central Oregon about 75% of our trips....LOVE it over there. Looking now for our retirement home.

Lynn1130

I have stayed at campgrounds with over 100 psi on more than one occasion.

I wish I could find one with more than 50. Most are pretty pathetic. I do have a regulator but it doesn't seem to get much work.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I got this one at Camping World:

waterpressurereg.jpg

Have had it for two years and so far it has been awesome!

dbbls59

Watts 263A LF stainless is a very good regulator. I've used one for years. Set the pressure at 45 and forget it. It reduces pressure but not the flow.

Gaffer

Without a regulator?

BTW...were they in Oregon? If so, let me know the names, so I can be aware. We camp in Central Oregon about 75% of our trips....LOVE it over there. Looking now for our retirement home.

With a regulator, the campsites were in Texas and Utah. Welcome to the dry side of the state (when you get here), you will love it.

attachment.php

carl.swoyer

Pulled into a campground in NH and blew my stainless steel expansion tank. This was in my Cedar Creek in 08 never had any problem with my 2012 Heartland Landmark Rushmore.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I have use the Watts regulator for several years. If it goes on the fritz they are rebuildable for nominal cost ($24.95). Big selling point to me.