Interesting Front Kitchen floorplan

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey all, at the RV show we saw a Forest River Riverstone. I had never seen the brand before. They had a front living plan at the show, but I noticed their brochure had a unique FRONT KITCHEN plan.

See this link where I found pics of one.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We saw one at Ron Hoover in Donna, TX. I loved the front kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

Our friends got one of these and they love it. It is really nice but I like our 3970 better

uncledon

Her chauffeur
DW and I looked at one at the Grand Rapids show here in MI. Liked the breakfast bar seating for watching news over coffee in the am, and windows in the kitchen. Little short on counter space at sink though. Overall the Riverstone is a nice unit and well built from what I see.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've seen the Montana version with the front kitchen that is a lot like the Forest River except the Montana has a window behind the eating area which is a step up from the kitchen at the very front. That puts the window on the front cap. Here's a link to Keystone's page: http://www.keystonerv.com/build-my-rv?brand=Montana#/select-floorplan. There's one at the Portland RV show going on this weekend. I'll bet we'll see a Heartland version in the near future.

Chippendale

We've seen the Montana version with the front kitchen that is a lot like the Forest River except the Montana has a window behind the eating area which is a step up from the kitchen at the very front. That puts the window on the front cap. Here's a link to Keystone's page: http://www.keystonerv.com/build-my-rv?brand=Montana#/select-floorplan. There's one at the Portland RV show going on this weekend. I'll bet we'll see a Heartland version in the near future.

I saw a Montana version of this at the 2016 Austin RV show, and the "Wow Factor" was great until we went outside and looked at the underside storage, and as best I can remember that became a "no deal" for me. I carry more stuff than I think they had room for. Plus, I couldn't find the word "Heartland" on it any where.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I saw a Montana version of this at the 2016 Austin RV show, and the "Wow Factor" was great until we went outside and looked at the underside storage, and as best I can remember that became a "no deal" for me. I carry more stuff than I think they had room for. Plus, I couldn't find the word "Heartland" on it any where.

Haha, George. Yes, must have "Heartland" on it.

I didn't care for the Montana version. It has a dinette with a large window in the front cap. So you have to look at dead, splatted bugs while you eat??

jlsr

We looked at the new front kitchen Columbus but I didn't like the separation of rooms so much. Now the Riverstone front living plan, wow I REALLY liked that one.... if Heartland would swap the stairs like they are in the Riverstone so that when you're in the kitchen you can see up into the front living area they would have a winner. Riverstone has a lot of nice features and seem very well built, however at their price point they ought to have disc brakes.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Interesting concept but with the island and the slides configuration, getting to the refrig while traveling would be a nightmare. I'll stick with my Key Largo. It is interesting that the floor plan doesn't show a toilet (LOL)

Chippendale

Haha, George. Yes, must have "Heartland" on it.

I didn't care for the Montana version. It has a dinette with a large window in the front cap. So you have to look at dead, splatted bugs while you eat??

Didn't think of that, another negative. See you all in a couple of days, heading west in the morning.

ksucats

Hmmm, something else I noticed - there is a toilet paper holder in this one -- seems our Key West missed that station during manufacture :confused:. That and the radio - oh well, an old discussion.

The wife and I both liked the Montana front kitchen design initially then started looking at it - very hard to get into the U shaped dining table even though the table does swivel; bugs on the windshield; and then the living space seemed cramped to us. Nice concept though.