Bathroom fan

BobHinSC

3/12/2017
Hello everyone,
I noticed that the fan in my bathroom has stopped working. It is the factory installed fan and I want to replace it, what would be suggestions for the best replacement fan for the bathroom? I am an inexperienced do it yourselfer so th,
is will be a new project for me.
Thanks

Power-Stroke

Bob,
There are a several options..... I chose a 7000 series Fantastic Fan. Pretty straight forward replacement, just make sure you get correct shroud size.
Jay

Gary521

The fan that came with the trailer goes around, makes a lot of noise but does little for moving air. Get a Fantastic fan or something like it. I replaced the stock fan with a Fantastic fan with a remote so no switch wiring is required.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gary I agree on the fan replacement of a Fantastic Fan. However, a quick and easy solution is to replace the motor, especially if not a do-it-yourself type. The motor has two screws holing it in place, and two wires attached. Unscrew, detach wires, remove fan blade, reattach wires to new motor, reattach fan blade, screw back in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

While I like the main living area Fantastic Fan, I might be the only one who like the little fan in the bathroom. It does move air because when I use it in the winter to remove humidity while taking a shower I have no fogging of the bathroom mirror and no humidity problems between the mattress and outside wall and as TravelTiger stated, it's very easy to replace. Mine has been going strong for over three years and we use it a lot.

Diamondjim

Gary I agree on the fan replacement of a Fantastic Fan. However, a quick and easy solution is to replace the motor, especially if not a do-it-yourself type. The motor has two screws holing it in place, and two wires attached. Unscrew, detach wires, remove fan blade, reattach wires to new motor, reattach fan blade, screw back in place.

Pretty straight forward. You might also check to see that all the wiring is OK in the old unit before you order a new unit...just sayin:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also replaced both OEM fans with the Vortex models. The one in the bathroom is a single speed and the one in the bedroom is multi-speed with reverse. Easy to install, they move more air and the sound isn't as annoying as the OEM ones. I think I still have the motors and some of the parts from the old ones in the garage someplace.