Big Country 3150RL - pre sales questions

bthornto

Hey all-

We just spent the weekend looking at what feels like 1000 different 5th wheels and the 3150RL is at the top of our list. I do have some question, that I hope other forum members can answer or ideally a representative from Heartland. Here's my list:

1) Is it possible to order a partial generator prep. I'd like the have the switch over but intend to use a portable generator and put a marine outlet upfront to plug it in. So what I don't need is the generator enclosure installed. (or does the load limit increase such that we should get it?)

2) Storage above the head. We noticed there is only a little shelf above the head, is it possible to order a matching cabinet for up there? We're not big fans of open shelving in the RV :)

3) Carpet brand and color, wood color and stain, exterior paint colors. Does the factory provide the manufacture and specifications for these things? We would like to buy a matching piece of carpet for the living area, possible do some small wood work (see #1) and like to fill scratches after I make them...

4) The awful fake wanna be marble gray laminate in the fireplace and back of island. I was surprised to see such a low rent move here compared to last year. Its reall the only "fake" material in the trailer. Can we order without it ? Matching wood would be ideal.

5) We are considering a stackable washer and vented dryer. Local dealer says they would need to do the vent install. Does having the deal do the vent installation void any warranty for the trailer. For example, due to a less than professional installation.

6) Both the heat pump and bathroom fan options say "Ask dealer". My dealer had no information. Is the heat pump a different 1 or 2 Coleman units up top? Does it replace the propane furnace? Is the bathroom fan upgrade a bidirectional fantastic fan ?

7) Elongated Toilet, we currently have the dometic 320 and would like the same in this coach? Dealer installation I assume ?

8) Can we order 2 additional non-folding chairs? How does one go about that?

9) MCD shades- In the 2018 are they night-only shades or day/night? We saw a mix of trailers and the dealer was not sure what the 2018 would have, if night only, are day shared available?

10) What is the "yeti" extreme weather package and what is included?

11) RVIA/CSA/State seals- Is there any legal requirement to purchase these in the US or for traveling to Canada?

12) 1 1/4 Accessory receiver? What is the weight limit of the receiver when factory installed?

13) Rear Camera prep: Is it wired into the backup lights intended to come on and off in reverse or are the wires 100% hot all the time?

14) What brand is the theater seating? Will the 2018 continue to come with the electric/heated/massage theater seats when that option is ordered?

15) G rated tires? What brand?

I think that may be it for now. (I'm sure I will have additional questions when we take a second look later this week)

tia! brad

danemayer

Hi bthornto,

You've got a great set of questions here. The Big Country General Manager may see this post and respond here, but if not, should should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Bighorn General Manager.

Heartland doesn't generally offer a lot of customization on builds, but the GM can tell you what he can and can't do.

Tires are probably Sailun.

Washer vent now has to be installed by the dealer. There's no warranty issue. But of course if the dealer screws things up, they'll have to make it right.

Generator prep is probably all or nothing. Changes to the front compartment shouldn't slow you down.

You'll get the RVIA sticker whether you want it or not.

The YETI package includes holding tank heating pads, heat tape on the segment of the fresh water feed line that's in the underbelly, and radiant insulation in the front and rear caps.

The only possible issue with getting a Dometic 320 is whether it will fit. In some configurations the placement of the drain pipe doesn't allow room because it requires about an inch more space behind than a Dometic 310 or Thetford model.

bthornto

Thanks for the information. I do hope the GM jumps in here. We'd really like some definitive answers before we order.

Am I going about this the right way? The dealer didn't have the answers..

Brad

danemayer

Brad
Brad,

Getting feedback from other owners is one of the great things about this forum. And while the GMs do monitor selected areas of the forum, they may not be in a position to respond to a particular post here for various reasons.

Some of your questions would probably be better addressed via phone call anyway. The GMs or someone on their staff will be happy to talk with you.

bthornto

Brad,

Getting feedback from other owners is one of the great things about this forum. And while the GMs do monitor selected areas of the forum, they may not be in a position to respond to a particular post here for various reasons.

Some of your questions would probably be better addressed via phone call anyway. The GMs or someone on their staff will be happy to talk with you.
Ok, I'll give a call tomorrow. The forums are great but these answers I would like from the horse's mouth :)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thanks for the information. I do hope the GM jumps in here. We'd really like some definitive answers before we order.

Brad
Hi Brad - thank you for your interest in Big Country, a great product! I want to echo Dan's response and suggest that you phone the factory tomorrow at 575-262-5992 and ask for Big Country Sales. They'll hook you up with a Bighorn brand management team member that should be able to answer all your questions.

Last edited:

Nuclearcowboy

Hey all-

We just spent the weekend looking at what feels like 1000 different 5th wheels and the 3150RL is at the top of our list. I do have some question, that I hope other forum members can answer or ideally a representative from Heartland. Here's my list:

1) Is it possible to order a partial generator prep. I'd like the have the switch over but intend to use a portable generator and put a marine outlet upfront to plug it in. So what I don't need is the generator enclosure installed. (or does the load limit increase such that we should get it?)

2) Storage above the head. We noticed there is only a little shelf above the head, is it possible to order a matching cabinet for up there? We're not big fans of open shelving in the RV :)

3) Carpet brand and color, wood color and stain, exterior paint colors. Does the factory provide the manufacture and specifications for these things? We would like to buy a matching piece of carpet for the living area, possible do some small wood work (see #1) and like to fill scratches after I make them...

4) The awful fake wanna be marble gray laminate in the fireplace and back of island. I was surprised to see such a low rent move here compared to last year. Its reall the only "fake" material in the trailer. Can we order without it ? Matching wood would be ideal.

5) We are considering a stackable washer and vented dryer. Local dealer says they would need to do the vent install. Does having the deal do the vent installation void any warranty for the trailer. For example, due to a less than professional installation.

6) Both the heat pump and bathroom fan options say "Ask dealer". My dealer had no information. Is the heat pump a different 1 or 2 Coleman units up top? Does it replace the propane furnace? Is the bathroom fan upgrade a bidirectional fantastic fan ?

7) Elongated Toilet, we currently have the dometic 320 and would like the same in this coach? Dealer installation I assume ?

8) Can we order 2 additional non-folding chairs? How does one go about that?

9) MCD shades- In the 2018 are they night-only shades or day/night? We saw a mix of trailers and the dealer was not sure what the 2018 would have, if night only, are day shared available?I would think they would come with both day and night shades.

10) What is the "yeti" extreme weather package and what is included? Also the Yeti package includes tank insulation

11) RVIA/CSA/State seals- Is there any legal requirement to purchase these in the US or for traveling to Canada?

12) 1 1/4 Accessory receiver? What is the weight limit of the receiver when factory installed?Honestly, for the price, I would opt out of this receiver. We had a 2" put on at dealer much cheaper and the smaller receiver doesn't have that much carrying ability, weight wise.

13) Rear Camera prep: Is it wired into the backup lights intended to come on and off in reverse or are the wires 100% hot all the time?Our pre-wired camera wiring is hot all the time as long as the batteries are connected. It is not wired to the lights - we installed a high speed observation camera on our unit and it is on all the time when we are using the RV - don't really like that but....

14) What brand is the theater seating? Will the 2018 continue to come with the electric/heated/massage theater seats when that option is ordered?

15) G rated tires? What brand?You will probably get Sailun 674's - that seems to be the current standard.

I think that may be it for now. (I'm sure I will have additional questions when we take a second look later this week)

tia! brad

Hope a few answers above helps you.

bthornto

@nuclearcowbow, thanks. I do hope the shades are day and night. Would be silly to have them replaced when we got the coach. Thanks too for the always hot, that's what I expected. I was thinking about the hitch and 2 inch at the dealer sounds like a better idea, more weight, less twist, more common. I've read good things about the saline GS so that is good and good info...

jbeletti

Brad - I made an error when I mentioned Bighorn in reply to your Big Country thread. Sorry about that. The phone number for you to call is the same - our main number: 574-262-5992.

NYSUPstater

We placed a deposit with our working vacationing salesman for a BC 3560SS yesterday. MCD shades now std in BR. Shelves under BR windows by bed STD. Factory can install carpet IPO linoleum in LR in front of ent center. Factory can also install larger fan in bathroom.

bthornto

@all thanks for all the information, we did up buying a heartland. It happened to be a big Horn because of a few small things but the layout played a big part.