Wire Gauge to Converter

Oregon_Camper

We have 30 and 50amp on our Bighorn.

Anyone know the wire gauge to the Converter?

I'm wiring in the EMS and the Inverter, so I want to buy the wire. Just need to know the correct gauge.

The Progressive EMS states the following, so I know for sure I'll need a min of 6 gauge.
....................All AC power extension cords in conjunction with your EMS unit should be rated 10 gauge for 120V, 30A systems or 6 gauge for 240V, 50A systems and rated for outdoor use to reduce the risk of electrical shock.

danemayer

On large coaches, the converter has a 20 amp plug that goes into a 20 Amp outlet, so I think the 120V side would be #12.

The output side on large coaches is 80 Amps at 12V DC, which I think calls for #4.

Oregon_Camper

On large coaches, the converter has a 20 amp plug that goes into a 20 Amp outlet, so I think the 120V side would be #12.

The output side on large coaches is 80 Amps at 12V DC, which I think calls for #4.

I did poor job of asking my question. :(

What I meant was when I take the power from the shore line off the circuit breaker and move to EMS then to Transfer Switch, what gauge is that?

I will need the same gauge to continue the wiring of my TS and then back to the circuit breaker. In the image below, it would be the "gold" connection lines. (I removed stuff from this image, so it is missing wiring from inverter...which will be 6/4 gauge)

Capture.jpg