SOLVED: Bighorn Closet Lighting

KLX

I recently purchased a 2106 3585RL Bighorn and am working my way through the manuals and getting acquainted with the various systems. The bedroom closet has two lights that I can not get to turn on. I've tried turning on switches in other areas of the coach and checked all the fuses. Can anyone advise?

SLO

Re: Bighorn - Closet lighting

There is a slider switch on the light fixture itself. If that's not working it's either bad fuse, bad bulb or disconnected wire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KLX

There is a slider switch on the light fixture itself. If that's not working it's either bad fuse, bad bulb or disconnected wire.

The bulbs and fuses are good. I've tried the switch on the light also. I have also removed and checked the wiring which appears to be connected, at least by the light. I'm beginning to think wherever the wires pick up 12v power is not connected. Thanks

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

The bulbs and fuses are good. I've tried the switch on the light also. I have also removed and checked the wiring which appears to be connected, at least by the light. I'm beginning to think wherever the wires pick up 12v power is not connected. Thanks

​Pull the fixture and see if the wires are connected behind it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Pull the switch out of the wall and check Voltage there or just short one post to the other with a screwdriver or pocket knife. A test light or volt meter is a better option.

SNOKING

Couple people are not taking the time to read what you have written. Time to go buy a multi-meter and learn how to use it. First step with it would be to check the voltage at the two wires coming to the light fixture. Than work back to the source. You can google "how to use a multimeter for rv testing" and find lots of instructional links.

Also: Look at the fuse panel with the light switch(s) in each position. The 12V fuses will light a little indicator next to them if the fuse is blown and there is a load on the circuit.

I made one meter lead that was 30-40 foot long. It was handy for working on electrical issues on boats and could be useful on RVs also.

Good luck on your electrical education and finding the problem.

You can get a multimeter at Harbor Freight, Lowes, Homedepot or online.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-69096.html

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Morris-Products-Digital-Multimeter-Meter/4738836

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Digital-Multimeter-MT-1210/206304336

Chris

KLX

I found the problem. As suspected the wiring for the lights were not connected at the fuse box. Thanks for the input.

CDN

B and B

Dealer should have caught this during the PDI process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

I found the problem. As suspected the wiring for the lights were not connected at the fuse box. Thanks for the input.

You Sir...deserve a Golden Medallion award!!!! :angel: (this icon is the best I can give you)

Anyone that can find a disconnected wire in THAT rats nest of wires is truly deserving.

wdk450

I recently purchased a 2106 3585RL Bighorn and am working my way through the manuals and getting acquainted with the various systems. The bedroom closet has two lights that I can not get to turn on. I've tried turning on switches in other areas of the coach and checked all the fuses. Can anyone advise?

So what are the Bighorns like in the Jetson age??? (I.E. 2106).