Light by hookup area

PeterS

A welcome feature would be an additional light fixture similar to the front cap towing light to be added to the POWER and SEWER hookup areas.
Arriving at campsites often after dark makes hooking up challenging, and servicing with slides extended also always requires a flashlight.

Oregon_Camper

That should be there for sure!

Don't you have a power outlet between the slides? Perhaps you can figure out a mod to use that outlet to provide power/light over there...???

PeterS

That should be there for sure!

Don't you have a power outlet between the slides? Perhaps you can figure out a mod to use that outlet to provide power/light over there...???

There is no extra power outlet, just the 30A connector sitting between the two slide-outs. And on the inside are cabinets etc in the way. Cannot see a way to "easily" rig a light out there. :-/

Oregon_Camper

Ah... I did a Google search and saw that plug. I thought it was an actual outlet not the plug to bring power into the RV.. 😥

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

klp605

We haven't picked our M32 up yet, but if you figure something out please let us know. I stated the same thing about how dark it was for the sewer hook-up and needing light while doing our PDI indoors with lights. We had to use the headlamp to inspect the sewer hook-up area. Never thought about the darkness and screwing down the 50 amp plug. Our current TT power cord is a pull out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You added stick on lights in the closet, why not stick some on the outside?

Peace
Dave

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
My North Trail 32BUDS has a very similar layout to the Mallard M32.
The spring project on my North Trail is to install a light near the power connection.

I found etrailer has a light nearly identical to the light on the other sides of my NT.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Lighting/Optronics/RVPL7CB.html I ordered one of these for a replacement to an OEM one the switch failed.

I am pretty sure I can remove the circuit/fuse box and access the inside wall of the area between the slide so it would be a very short run from outside to the inside fuse panel.

This should be a fairly easy project.

PeterS

My North Trail 32BUDS has a very similar layout to the Mallard M32.
I am pretty sure I can remove the circuit/fuse box and access the inside wall of the area between the slide so it would be a very short run from outside to the inside fuse panel.

This should be a fairly easy project.

Please post pics or descriptions about how to get there and do that. TY.

PeterS

Update:

I purchased this light from Amazon for the power/sewer area: http://a.co/65CEFYL

Installation was rather easy as the area above the power connection has ample room for wiring on the inside.

Steps:

* unplug and remove vacuum unit
(4 screws, only loosen these as they have clips attached that swing into place to hold the unit in place)

* drill cable hole for outside light from outside
(about 2 inches up and left of main power plug, avoiding reinforced wood area)

* thread light cables with sealant thru wall, attach light with two outdoor screws
(seal top of light, I use GOOP from WalMart)

* unhook CO2 detector and pull cables until you reach the wireplugs
(there is a 1AMP fuse involved, measure voltage to connect to proper 12V rails)

* connect outside light, test and reassemble vaccuum --> ALL SET.

Total time perhaps 20 mins.

Attachments

• Wire Access.jpg
    Wire Access.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Outside Light.jpg
    Outside Light.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 51