ATF: Mallard - Cable Coonection Problem

PeterS

We are having trouble receiving TC cable signals via the back cable hookup to any of the three TV's/connections in our M32.

The over-the-air antenna provides great reception with the booster ON and all TV's find plenty of channels.

However when attaching various campgrounds TV cable (different cables and verified with other camping friends), turning the booster OFF and running channel searches results in maybe 1-2 viewable channels.

I have retightened all cable connections I could find to no avail.

CW did not address (as usual) during our warranty visits.

Any suggestions what could be wrong ?

danemayer

The incoming wire from the rooftop antenna meets the incoming wire for cable TV at the signal booster. If the TV reception is good with booster ON, but cable reception is poor with booster OFF, the problem is likely to be in the cable segment before the booster, or the booster itself.

Next place you have a problem, you might drop the signal booster and connect a separate coax line from the park's cable connection directly to the signal booster's cable input. If the situation improves, you have a problem with the coax from outside cable connector. Likely causes would be a problem with the connector at one or both ends.

If there's no improvement with the separate cable, try connecting it directly to the TV. If the signal improves, that would indicate a problem with the signal booster.

PeterS

Re: ATF: Mallard - Cable Coonection Problem - SOLVED

Ran the troubleshooting steps below this weekend, turns out two of the three cable terminals were not properly crimped at the booster. Once I redid them and tightened them properly all TV's get full cable service!

Thanks for your help !!