wheel liners on DRW

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I have a 2002 Silverado that needs some attention to the wheels. I have looked a bit into replacing the factory steel wheels with aluminum, but with having to change out the studs and all it started to become a lot more expensive than I wanted. I understand that I could just have the wheels broken down and have them repainted (powder coated) which isn't off the table yet.

My real question is in the Stainless steel wheel liners like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400723426361?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.

Anyone out there have any first hand experience with these or similar and would care to offer their opinion? Thx.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Used a set of a Pacific Dualies simulators for 5 years on the last truck. 17" version. No complaints at all. I kept them when I traded the truck. Sitting in the garage, just in case.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Used a set of a Pacific Dualies simulators for 5 years on the last truck. 17" version. No complaints at all. I kept them when I traded the truck. Sitting in the garage, just in case.
Thx JW. I posted a question on the sellers page on ebay about the lug caps. I wondered if the were plastic. We have a set of wheels on our car that have plastic center covers and they are starting to peel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Thx JW. I posted a question on the sellers page on ebay about the lug caps. I wondered if the were plastic. We have a set of wheels on our car that have plastic center covers and they are starting to peel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The entire wheel simulator was stainless steel. Even the center cap and hardware.

jnbhobe

I have them on a 96 E-350 and an 10 F-550, they are great as long as your drivers don't run them against the curb.