Underbelly insulation

Jdodge836

So I have had my Bighorn 3970 for about two moths now and came to find that mice had moved in while in storage. Upon inspection I noticed that the underbelly insulation in the area of the drop fram was not very well installed and I could see straight thru from the storage area to the ground. After eradicating the nucences I went to Home Depot and got 4x8 1/2 inch foam board insulation. I fully reinsulated the full length of the trailer and must say it is amazing how much difference it made in temp. I had no intent on the warmth improvement just keeping out vermin but it is very noticeable the added level of insulation.

Kathi-27

did the same thing a few months ago. under belly temp in the winter when down below freezing went up 10-15 degrees. was 25 degrees out side and under belly was 38 degrees. alittle to close for me. now at 25 degree underbelly is around 50 degrees. feel a lot safer

RoadJunkie

Great mod, sounds a lot better than factory. I'm sure you know not to isolate the waste tanks from heat source to prevent from freezing, but thought I would confirm.

Kathi-27

yes I understand. all I did was drop the colopost on off door side and slide insulation board on top of colopost between factory insulation. was real simple and very effective I thought. worked for me. between cross members.

Jdodge836

Yes i put inbetween the stock foil insulation sheet and the underbelly plastic. Also did some tidying os all the wiring and left over constuction materials. Looks a million times better, not that anyone will ever see. But yes stull full airflow thru crossmembers etc.