Ceiling fan and light inop in Bighorn 3970

buggyboo16

The ceiling fan and light stopped working in the living room of our Bighorn 3970rd a few days ago. I know it is on the same breaker as the fireplace and the fireplace is working fine. We pulled all of the fuses and none seem to be blown. Anything else I should check to try to fix this on my own.

danemayer

The ceiling fan with 4 blades and light runs on 120V AC. Have you flipped ALL of the circuit breakers off and back on?

If yes, AND if the fan is the only thing not working, you'll have to get on a ladder and carefully inspect the wiring. I would do so with shore power disconnected or shut off.

MikeR

The ceiling fan and light stopped working in the living room of our Bighorn 3970rd a few days ago. I know it is on the same breaker as the fireplace and the fireplace is working fine. We pulled all of the fuses and none seem to be blown. Anything else I should check to try to fix this on my own.

My 2014 Big Country has a separate switch in the main switch panel, in addition to the two pull chains, for the overhead fan. Check to see if you have that switch and no one accidentally switched it off.

Thunderbolt

Another thing to check is to see if a GFI outlet has tripped and shut off the power to the fan. Sometimes there is a GFI installed before the fan and when the GFI trips, everything down stream of it goes with it. Ran into this several times in our SOB.

esscobra

I have a 2017 bighorn as well- there is separate switch on panel with all other switches and it is also on its own separate breaker