Owner check in

Smokepit

Just curious where all the Oakmont owners are from. We are in northern MI. We bought our 375QB last fall and it was the first time I had heard of the name. I only know of 2 units in northern MI, the one we bought and the one that is sitting at the dealership. Gotta say after about 6 trips including a weekend in Dec. I'm very pleased with the unit. Can't wait for warmer weather to get here so we can get out camping.

Only problem has been a circuit breaker for the landing gear that keeps tripping while retracting. After some research seems it can be changed out for a bigger circuit breaker.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Smokepit,

Welcome to posting on the Heartland Owners Forum. There are a number of Oakmont owners who participate on the forum, so I expect you'll hear from some shortly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Smokepit, consider joining us in Traverse City for the Heartland Owner Michigan Chapter Rally.
It's just up the road a bit for you.
Follow this link for information.

Peace
Dave

Smokepit

Sounds like a good time! We will have to see if our schedule will be free for that weekend.

crussian

Hey There - we're from Sierra Vista, AZ area. Will be full timing come Oct 31 this year. Hope to run in to you along the way.

C&J

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The Oakmont. We have yet to meet another Oakmont owner. Since we left the house last September we have only seen one other and it was in Phoenix parked. We had the only one at the Vegas rally. Everywhere, and I mean everywhere we go people ask to see inside ours and tell us how fantastic it looks as well as they have never heard of the Oakmont. Many are dismayed to find out that they are already discontinued. We love everything about ours and have about 7000 miles on ours so far.

dlw930

I've seen a few Oakmonts as we've traveled across the country in the past year or so. One I recall in particular is parked long-term on Lake Bridgeport in North Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokepit

The Oakmont. We have yet to meet another Oakmont owner. Since we left the house last September we have only seen one other and it was in Phoenix parked. We had the only one at the Vegas rally. Everywhere, and I mean everywhere we go people ask to see inside ours and tell us how fantastic it looks as well as they have never heard of the Oakmont. Many are dismayed to find out that they are already discontinued. We love everything about ours and have about 7000 miles on ours so far.
Discontinued!?!? Well I guess that leaves out the chance of replacing this one with another when the time comes.

It's kind of ironic that we ended up buying an Oakmont, since our Salem was totaled from an Oak tree falling on it at a state forest campground. Damage didn't look too extensive at first but soon found out not only was the rubber roof torn in several spots but there was structural damage to the roof as well.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Discontinued!?!? Well I guess that leaves out the chance of replacing this one with another when the time comes.

It's kind of ironic that we ended up buying an Oakmont, since our Salem was totaled from an Oak tree falling on it at a state forest campground. Damage didn't look too extensive at first but soon found out not only was the rubber roof torn in several spots but there was structural damage to the roof as well.

From what I understand the Oakmont is now the Bighorn Traveler. Same floor plans I believe but different exterior colors. The better half has already told me we would never own one on account she hates the name. :cool:

crussian

Janet and i were at the las vegas rally as well, we kinda walked the park but not completely so we must have missed yours.

C&J

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Where did you see that they were being discontinued? I still see them on the Heartland site and even some new floorplans.

From the GM of the Bighorn brand. He posted it last year.

"We dropped the Oakmont all together and expanded the Bighorn franchise. The Traveler is not a Bighorn and isn't meant to be. There are significant construction, standard, and option differences that keep a wide price separation between the two."

There were many comments disparaging the Oakmont by Bighorn owners in the thread as well. All though I do not see it, many of the Bighorn owners consider the Oakmont junk. It was stated that the Oakmont was not selling well and people were not searching for the Oakmont name enough which doesn't surprise me at all from the comments we get. I think they only dropped the Oakmont name once on their FB page last year so in my opinion they were not marketing it very well.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Thanks for doing my Job for me Cookie. Yes please come join us in Traverse City in August. Always like having new faces at our rallies. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

- - - Updated - - -

Smokepit, you should also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. Great bunch of people and fun

HornedToad

Only problem has been a circuit breaker for the landing gear that keeps tripping while retracting. After some research seems it can be changed out for a bigger circuit breaker. Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I intended to replace my 50 amp auto reset circuit breaker with an 80 amp to eliminate the issue of it continually tripping. I had looked for the 80 amp breakers before and could not find them off the shelf. When I took my trailer out of storage the breaker tripped and would not reset, I was stuck. A moderator had recommended to just try replacing to 50 amp first, so I ran to the auto parts and bought another (plus an extra) 50 amp off the shelf, that took me 15 minutes to screw on to the buss bar instead of having to rewire to make room for the 80.

After several cycles of my landing gear the new 50 amp breaker has not tripped.

Smokepit

Hey Smokepit - I gotta ask... What's with the username? Me, Cookie and HornedToad "need" to know :)
First forum I signed up for with Tapatalk was the Smoke Ring. It's a BBQ forum, so I tried to pick something fitting to that. I love cooking over the fire and smoking meats. As I signed up to more forums I tried to match names to them but that got confusing so I just stuck with smokepit.

jbeletti

First forum I signed up for with Tapatalk was the Smoke Ring. It's a BBQ forum, so I tried to pick something fitting to that. I love cooking over the fire and smoking meats. As I signed up to more forums I tried to match names to them but that got confusing so I just stuck with smokepit.

We share your passion for smoked meats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rschroe8

2015 Oakmont 345S. Marysville CA, would have attended the Heartland event in Veges , but had to cancel the last minute. Did not know Oakmont model is no longer available , we love ours with 5600 miles , now problems so far.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
2015 Oakmont 345S. Marysville CA, would have attended the Heartland event in Veges , but had to cancel the last minute. Did not know Oakmont model is no longer available , we love ours with 5600 miles , now problems so far.

Good to see another one. It looks as if Oakmont owners just are not active on this forum.