Echomaster camera system for GMC

rouse7658

Hello;
I have a GMC Sierra 2500HD that I tow my new Trail Runner.
I saw in a Magazine from GM they have a camera system for their trucks that mount on the side mirrors and the rear of the trailer. It is from "EchoMaster". I ordered one from the GM dealer. They are trying to figure out how the mount the camera on the rear of my Trail Runner. They are having trouble figuring out how to supply power to the camera and how to correctly mount it on the trailer.
Does anyone have any information about the setup that can help me??
Thanks

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I cant give you any first hand information, but do you know if your trailer came with camera prep? If not, and I'm assuming this camera from GM is wireless, then I would think they just need 12v continuous power for the camera. Your trailer manufacturer/dealer should be of help too I would think. Hope this helps and you get it figured out.

danemayer

Hi rouse7658,

From the lack of response, i'd guess that you may be the first to use a GM supplied camera on the back of your trailer.

Power typically gets picked up from the closest light fixture.

Cameras may come with some type of mounting bracket. The bracket would attach to the back wall of the RV with screws. Butyl tape between bracket and wall will keep water from entering the holes and help it stay in place.

If your camera didn't come with a mounting bracket, you might check with your GM dealer to see how it's intended to mount, and to what. There may be a bracket that has to be ordered separately.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Hi rouse7658,

From the lack of response, i'd guess that you may be the first to use a GM supplied camera on the back of your trailer.

Power typically gets picked up from the closest light fixture.

Cameras may come with some type of mounting bracket. The bracket would attach to the back wall of the RV with screws. Butyl tape between bracket and wall will keep water from entering the holes and help it stay in place.

If your camera didn't come with a mounting bracket, you might check with your GM dealer to see how it's intended to mount, and to what. There may be a bracket that has to be ordered separately.
Are you sure about where the power is tapped from Dan? Seems to me that you would have to have your running lights on then to power camera. I would think you would want continuous power, or if battery drain is an issue, then perhaps your recommendation makes more sense.

I guess I'm used to my cabled system where power comes from tow vehicle, thus when cable is connected you have power. What da I know??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chrisried

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 3500 HD. Had the intellihaul system installed in January. Absolutely love the system. The backup camera does come with a mounting bracket and screw. You should wire to your running lights on the RV so that you don't drain the battery when not in use, also will extend the life of the camera since it won't be on all the time. The only issues I had with my system is when backing up the trucks backup camera takes over and you have to push and hold the "back" button on the dash to let it go back to whatever camera you selected to see. Also I have a 44 Foot Fifth Wheel Toy hauler so sometimes the camera loses signal. I think that's because the dealership installed my antenna to high up on the back window so the antenna doesn't point up, instead it points sideways. I would buy this system again tomorrow if I got a new truck. I absolutely love how much you can see with the side view cameras. I also got the optional stop light camera that goes in the bed and it helps tremendously when hooking up my fifth wheel.