ElkRidge E326 vs. Pioneer PI 322 vs. Prowler P326....What's the difference?

ryan09170

Hello, my family & I are relatively new to the 5th wheel scene. Two years ago we purchased a used Layton 5th wheel, loved it, and are looking to upgrade. We have 3 kids and really like the layout of the models below. They look like they are the exact same layout, just the names have been changed. Can anyone point me to what the specific differences are amongst these three? I do find info about the Elkridge and Prowler, but next to nothing about the Pioneer.

Elkridge E 326 (https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/midprofile/xtreme-light-elkridge/e-326)
Pioneer PI 322 (https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/midprofile/pioneer-fifth-wheel/pi-322)
Prowler P 326 (https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/midprofile/prowler-fifthwheel/prowler-p326)

Are there build or quality differences between the brands? Or are certain ones exclusive to specific dealers? I'm also going to post this in the forums for the other two to get as much info as I can on them. From what I've seen, they all run at the same ballpark cost.

Thanks, Ryan

danemayer

Hi Ryan09170,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sometimes there are very similar floor plans on different models in order to achieve different price points. There can be differences in some secondary features. For example, on the luxury models, the Landmark 365 may have individual switches to operate each slide by itself, where the Big Country may have a single switch to operate all the slides. The Landmark 365 is wired for 3 air conditioners and has a Power Control System to manage how much electricity is used. Big Country is wired for 2 air conditioners and has no Power Control System. But if you walk through these 2 coaches on a dealer lot, initially they may look very similar and you may have to study the details for a while to understand the price difference.

In other cases, to give a dealer exclusivity within a geographical area, but also get market coverage from nearby dealers, a very similar model is created. Two dealers could be 3 miles apart, each having exclusivity, with similar Heartland products at each location.

I believe Pioneer is made exclusively for Camping World, to their specifications. But it's basically a variant of another Heartland model.

Some forum members have probably looked into Elkridge and Prowler and can comment on specifics.

Btw, forum rules prohibit redundant and duplicate posting, so I've deleted your similar threads in other sub-forums.

justafordguy

Do not rely on the specifications you see on the Heartland website for each model. The information is very inaccurate at best. Your best bet would be to contact Heartland directly with your questions and speak to each brand manager.

ryan09170

We ended up getting the Pioneer PI 322 about a month ago, and are camping in it for time tonight! We ended up going with the Pioneer due to price and that there is a Camping World a couple miles from home.

Interestingly, we got the title back and it says it's a Prowler. I verified the VIN number at least twice to make sure it was right. I guess it is really just rebadged for Camping World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk