Ford F150 Keyless Entry Code

I know I'm getting old but I didn't think I was that bad, until last night. I was in my garage and I needed to get something out of my pick up but I didn't have my keys with me. No problem, my truck has keyless entry. So I walked up to the door, looked at the key pad and realized I had no clue what my code was! This was really strange since I've use the code many, many times in the recent past. So now what. I needed to reset the code and to do that you need the original Factory Code. After much searching I found out where to retrieve the factory code. I have a 2017 Ford F-150 but this works back to about 2013 models. Here's the sequence:

1. Get both factory keys.
2. Use the 1st key to turn the ignition to start but don't actually start the truck. Wait about 3 -5 seconds.
3. Turn the key off and remove it.
4. Immediately use the 2nd key to start your vehicle.
5. The Factory Code will display on you information system for a few seconds!

Once you have the Factory Code you can add a personal code, one that you won't forget, as follows:

1. Enter the Factory Code on the Key Pad.
2. Press the 1-2 Key on the Key Pad.
3. Enter your personal 5 number code.
4. Press the 1-2 Key on the Key Pad.
5. The doors will unlock to confirm your personal code.

So now you can unlock your pick up when you don't have your keys with you, and you know how to retrieve the Factory Code when you need to enter a new one!

BTW. I woke up this morning and remembered my old code so I didn't have to enter a new one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Resiemon

I hate when that happens.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags

MP_CS

My 09 superduty had a card in the owners manual pouch that had the factory code on it.

pegmikef

My 09 superduty had a card in the owners manual pouch that had the factory code on it.

Yeah I got a card too for my 13, but I don't keep it in the truck as I figured it wouldn't do much good if I was locked out and couldn't remember the code (like a sudden CRS attack).

MP_CS

Yeah I got a card too for my 13, but I don't keep it in the truck as I figured it wouldn't do much good if I was locked out and couldn't remember the code (like a sudden CRS attack).

On my old Superduty i made a label with my brady labelmaker that just had the code number on it and stuck it to the inside of my tailgate lip near the brake light housing.

I stored my code in my cell phone as a Contact named Ford F-150. I also include my license plate number since I usually forget that too. Since my cell is protected by my thumb print and a pass code I figured it was a safe place to store it and have it with me in case I need it. Now let's hope I don't lock my phone in my truck along with my keys!

lwmcguire

Most of if not all of you know you can lock the truck or car by pressing the last two numbers at the same time. Use this a lot to leave the truck running with the puppy inside to keep here cool or warm if she has to wait a while.

porthole

Retired
I've called my dealer they had it on file provided I didn't change it.

The original code is stored forever, you can only add new codes.

I also keep the codes in my phone under a truck and car 'contact' that also has the VIN's

- - - Updated - - -

1. Get both factory keys.
2. Use the 1st key to turn the ignition to start but don't actually start the truck. Wait about 3 -5 seconds.
3. Turn the key off and remove it.
4. Immediately use the 2nd key to start your vehicle.
5. The Factory Code will display on you information system for a few seconds!

Once you have the Factory Code you can add a personal code, one that you won't forget, as follows:

1. Enter the Factory Code on the Key Pad.
2. Press the 1-2 Key on the Key Pad.
3. Enter your personal 5 number code.
4. Press the 1-2 Key on the Key Pad.
5. The doors will unlock to confirm your personal code.

Will have to figure out how to do this with Deb's new car which has no key ignition.

RandyDeb

Looks like this is the "true confections" thread. Last Nov 8th (yes election night) I walked up to my 08 350 Dully and couldn't remember the code for nothing! Tried every set of numbers I could think of. Finally had to call a lock smith to open it for me. An hour of setting on the tailgate and $60.00 cash later I was back on the road!!!! Just had my oil changed last week and ask my service manager if he could get my code for me. After a little ribbing I got a sure no problem. When he gave me the card with the code on it, it was like well now I remember! Da.... Now its in my phone. Just need to add plate and vin numbers also. Good idea as long as I can into the phone...

Ha, ha!! Yes well they say you lose 3 things when you get old; your memory, your vision and your memory...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk