Levelup

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Wanted to ask this question to see if anyone else has experienced what we are. The level-up itself works just fine. We still get the popping noise after putting 2 quarts of the alternative cat fluid in but not as bad. Our new issue is movement. 4 plus times a day we will be in our rig just sitting and all of a sudden the whole back end will move like one of us got up and jumped across at the other. Anyone else have this happen? Any idea why it is happening?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is the rig dropping ?
Like your loosing hydraulic pressure, do to a leak or a valve bypassing oil back to the resavor ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Is the rig dropping ?
Like your loosing hydraulic pressure, do to a leak or a valve bypassing oil back to the resavor ?

If it is dropping it isn't enough to tell all though it sure feels like it is. There are no visible leaks of fluid. I will put a piece of tape on the reservoir and see if the level increases. My thought is if the jacks are not holding the weight it would push the fluid back right? It seems to be staying level for the most part. I mean I am not having to re-level.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hang a string or chain, or maybe tape a broom stick or something to your ladder so it's just above the ground, 1/8" off the ground and wait and see if it drops.

Bones

when you set up and are level. Measure the stroke and write it down. when you have been there a bit measure the stroke again or after an event.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is there a vast temp drop occurring throughout the day? I notice ours will pop when a warm day cools off dramatically at night.

We added one quart and the popping is not as noticeable, but does still happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Is there a vast temp drop occurring throughout the day? I notice ours will pop when a warm day cools off dramatically at night.

We added one quart and the popping is not as noticeable, but does still happen.

We are having about 20 to 30 degree difference in highs and lows.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So after about a week the distance between the bottom of the level up cylinder bottom and the marks on the shafts have not changed. Is it possible that the frame is flexing and causing the movement we are experiencing? We are on a fairly level site right now with the door side jacks shorter in their extension than the off door jacks.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you and dog sitting perfectly still when the movement happens?

Could there be some bolts not tight on the legs to the frame? (Just a wild guess)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The marks are still visible and they are still a quarter inch off of the bottom of the cylinder. The last time it did it the dog was sleeping and we were just sitting in our chairs.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I have an update. I ended up calling Lippert because I could not find any information on our issue. LCI told me that they have never heard of our problem that usually it is just the front jacks that pop and cause the rig to move a bit. The person I talked to said that all of our Jacks are bad and need to be replaced. Of course our warranty is out but they said they would cover the jacks and we would need to cover the labor charges.