Thinking about doing a distance education course

Hey, guys, this is pretty off-topic but it's kind of important and I would like to get some suggestions on this. I am currently working as a real estate agent. I just started out but the work has started to be really challenging. I feel like I am missing out on a lot of information while I work and I am lagging behind. This is really worrying me. I am thinking about doing a distance education course while I work. While I was doing a bit of research online I came across a site ( https://www.freedombusinessschool.com/scripts/welcome_real_estate.asp ) that offered a course on real estate. Do you guys know any other distance education school that offers real estate programs? It would also be great if you guys could share some blogs that you know to help brush up my skills.

rxbristol

I don't know anything about the particular course you mentioned, but I will say before taking any course for professional needs, make sure the school is accredited and/or the course is accepted by the professional organization (your taking the course for) for credit as a continuing education course or for credit on transcripts. Without the accreditation or acceptance, you may be wasting your money.

GregP

Further to the previous poster's comment, I see that you are located in Canada. You might want to check with your Provincial licensing agency to see if there are any recommendations for courses in your Province or Nationally. Also check with community colleges to see what if anything they offer. Many Canadian colleges and universities offer distance education programs that would benefit you. If you are currently employed with an agency or brokerage, they might be able to help you plan some courses or point you toward some in-house training.

Lynn1130

As Greg says, there are so many community colleges and universities that offer on-line courses in just about everything and most are accredited and accepted by the various professions. I would look there first before spending a ton of money on courses from some on-line study course that has little in the way of proof that they are accepted or provide the curriculum you want. Most all of those courses/instructors work closely with the business communities in the fields they are teaching.

I could find little in the way of feedback on the school that you mentioned. That would concern me if I were looking.

Garypowell

My $.02 is that I have to assume that you are currently licensed if you are an "agent". And, if I understand the question, you simply want to "do better" and think that education is the key. If that's the case there should be plenty of resources around you locally rather than taking a long distance course.....and costing money.

Examples would be books at the library, someone in the same office who seems to do a lot better than you in closing sales, a good friend you could confide in and ask, "why is this not working for me like I want".

My guess here is it might not be your education but rather your approach that is causing this concern.....and a long distance school is not going to help that.

I have even asked customers that have not bought from me if there was anything I did that caused them to buy from the competition. I realize many people might dodge that kind of question.....but if you pick the right person and are sincere in your asking.....you might get some real good insight.

I personally think that selling can be learned fairly easy if you have the personality and disposition for it. If you don't have the right factors no amount of school will be able to help.

danemayer

If you're looking for general courses on being a realtor, distance education might be okay. If you need specifics for your local or regional area, you might need something local.