Baggage Door Slam Latches

Jim_Hull

As my signature says, we have a 2016 Big Country 4010RD. Does anyone know if the locks on these slam latches can be keyed to match the Global Entry Latch that is standard on the Big Country coaches? I would love to only have one key for all exterior doors, but I do not want to go to the expense of the RV Lock electronic lock to get there. I would really just like to be able to replace the lock cylinders if possible on these latches, or replaces these latches entirely with a similar latch that accepts the Global Entry key.

Gary521

Yes, go to RVLOCKSANDMORE. They can key the slam latches to the entry door. You will need to replace your existing slam latches. About $15 each . They can also key camlocks to match too.

Jim_Hull

Gary,

Thanks for the response. I have replaced the camlock already and I have looked at the slam latches on their website, but they did not look like they would fit. I will research a little further.

Jim_Hull

As an update for anyone considering changing your baggage door locks to the same key as your entry door, I called RVLOCKSANDMORE today to get clarification as to whether this can be done. It can be, depending on who makes your current latches. Mine are made by Southco and they do not have a replacement for them at this time, but expect to have one in the next 6 or so weeks. However, they have replacements for other brands, so if you are thinking of this mod or upgrade give them a call and talk with them to see if they currently have a replacement for your brand.