Water Heater Question

bgscott

Our 2998 did not have a water heater manual when we purchase it. can anyone explain the basic operation of this thing? On our first outing I ran it off of propane and it worked fine, but when we woke up after the first night we had no hot water. I flipped the electric switch and ran and got hot water for the rest of the trip.

Does the water heater automatically come on if the gas is on and the outside switch is on? If I turn on the electric while the gas is on is it burning gas and the electric element? Thanks.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
There are two switches on the water heater that have to be on to heat the water by electricity. One in the coach and one at the water heater. To run it on gas the switch (usually on the monitor panel) must be on. If both electric and gas switches are on it is running on both, I sometimes use both to heat the water up quickly or for multiple showers for quick recovery. I do find sometimes when one propane tank runs out of gas and the regulator switches over to the other tank that the gas burner quits working and I have to turn the gas switch off then back on to get it to fire up.

Don

bgscott

So I looked on the monitor, there are three buttons, one labeled test, one labeled pump, and one labeled heater. I guess the one labeled heater must be on for the water heater to work on gas??

red4re

I too have a problem with the water heater. I can't get the gas side to work at all. Is it automatic if gas is turned on? I turn on the switch at the heater and turn on the switch inside the rv. All I get is electric heat. I get no clicking for the gas ignitor and it never lights. What could be the problem???

I was told that you should be able to use both at the same time to get quicker heated water, but am not sure if that is correct. I also did not receive any manuals on the water heater when I purchased my Sundance.

Thanks

red

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Using both will heat water faster - it has to.

Have you checked all of your 12v fuses? There may also be a bad circuit board for the hwh.

Jimmyt5

There are two switches inside,one toggle switch for electric the other is on the gauge block by the water pump switch...