LED Solar Lake Dots added to the entry steps and LED strip under theater seats 2017 bc3965 DSS

Buffalo33

I got this idea from the bighorn prototype pictures that were floating around for a little bit. And the LED steps threat on the forum. Simple install Just did a lot of measuring and remeasuring to make sure they were where I wanted them. Drilled the holes and used 100% silicone to help hold the little solar dots in place and let it dry! I think its a neat idea and hope Heartland makes it an option.

Heres where I ordered the lights from - http://www.lakelite.com/products/4pk-solar-dock-dots/

The strip LED under the theater seating was simple just cut to size, stick them on and plug them in. Adds a nice touch of lighting

Attachments

• IMG_4436.JPG
    IMG_4436.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4437.JPG
    IMG_4437.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4440.JPG
    IMG_4440.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4447.JPG
    IMG_4447.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4601.jpg
    IMG_4601.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 77

SLO

Like that idea on the steps. Guess you don't get to use the theatre seating too much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buffalo33

Like that idea on the steps. Guess you don't get to use the theatre seating too much?

Thanks and I know right? If we sit first they are on our laps haha They don't know how spoiled they are!

cjb2283

Those are a greatmod adlookgreat! Few questions...since they are solar, do they slowly get dimmer and dimmer throughout the night? Does having your awning out effect them a lot?

Buffalo33

Those are a greatmod adlookgreat! Few questions...since they are solar, do they slowly get dimmer and dimmer throughout the night? Does having your awning out effect them a lot?

Thanks, I haven't noticed them getting dimmer when the power gets low. They seem to be either on or off. Not saying they don't dim a touch but nothing I've really noticed. As far as the awning I haven't been out in the summer yet with them so I haven't had my awning out yet. But they seem to charge pretty quickly so as long as you had some light on them they should last into the night.

kbausano

This is a great idea for entry steps! Did you have any problems or concerns about the depth of the light casing, when closing your steps? As I recall, the OEM steps do fold up on top of each other (at least on the bottom two steps)
Ken

Buffalo33

This is a great idea for entry steps! Did you have any problems or concerns about the depth of the light casing, when closing your steps? As I recall, the OEM steps do fold up on top of each other (at least on the bottom two steps)
Ken

The lights are pretty flat on the surface of the steps so the little gap between steps when they are folded up is enough clearance. The depth of the light is small enough to stay hidden behind the front rolled lip of the OEM aluminum steps. I'm not sure if it's the same for the steel step set up. The light is 1 and 3/8's of an inch deep. With some measuring and looking at the spacing of the steps folded up knew it should clear.

kbausano

The lights are pretty flat on the surface of the steps so the little gap between steps when they are folded up is enough clearance. The depth of the light is small enough to stay hidden behind the front rolled lip of the OEM aluminum steps. I'm not sure if it's the same for the steel step set up. The light is 1 and 3/8's of an inch deep. With some measuring and looking at the spacing of the steps folded up knew it should clear.

Thanks, Buffalo33!