2017 Big Country 3650RL

ctwebb

Hi All ,I am new here and looking to buy a 3650RL . Unit has dual whisper quiet air, Has anyone had any issues with keeping the unit cool? I have heard in other brands that the duct work was collapsing, I didn't know if this unit has the same issue. Has anyone ad problems with the exterior fading? We have so now and it seems as if we nee to have I professionally buffed every year to keep its gloss exterior.

Thanks
Chris

asherwin

We have the 2013 version of the 3650RL and love it. The two air conditioners do a great job keeping the unit in the 70's even when the Arizona temps this spring reached 98 degrees. We love the layout and have yet to find another which we would prefer in our almost five years of "most time" use.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In 2016, there was some discussion that the Whisper Quiet was not very quiet. It seemed as though the ACs were producing a good volume of air, but some folks experienced that the duct work design was not getting the air volume into the room. Heartland was using a laminated roof structure which has foam "channels" for the ductwork. Some folks have created dams and such to help direct the air to the vents better. Not every rig or every floor plan suffers, it's just we had a handful discussing it as an issue here on the forum.

In 2018 models being released now, they have changed the roofing structure to joists and bat insulation. I am not sure how the ductwork is constructed, but pictures show more vents in each area of the coach.

Also, I have not heard of any front cap fading since Heartland changed to the fully-painted front cap. The grey gel coat that was used back in 2011 or so was an issue and did fade. Heartland did help some folks with their fade issues early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

my last of the 17's was built in feb and has the new roof and there is actual a/c ducts- last weekend while installing generator it was 92-94 in san Antonio- at rv lot in full sun - and while doing break -in on genny had both a/c's on and cooled quickly even on auto and kept unit cool - this summer will be the test in 100+ in sun-