Comments on 2900MK

Duramax1

We have been seriously looking at a 2900MK but we have some reservations over the fact that when the slides are in one cannot access anything but the bathroom.

This poses a problem for us as we load the trailer in a storage lot where it will not be possible to fully open the slides. This will make loading very difficult if we cannot access the wardrobe and dresser in the bedroom and the kitchen cupboards in the living room area.

As well, while having lunch on the road it will be necessary to open at least the one slide to gain access to the living area.

I didn't ask the dealer but I would guess that it is possible to only partially open any of the three slides. Is this correct?

How you experienced any of the foregoing and how did you deal with them.

Secondly, has the limited height at the bed level posed any inconvenience to you. It will not for my wife as she is not that tall, but I do need to lower my head. I guess that I could sleep on the bathroom side of the bed to limit the inconvenience but I will still need to access the wardrobe and dresser.

mike3fan

We have been seriously looking at a 2900MK but we have some reservations over the fact that when the slides are in one cannot access anything but the bathroom.

This poses a problem for us as we load the trailer in a storage lot where it will not be possible to fully open the slides. This will make loading very difficult if we cannot access the wardrobe and dresser in the bedroom and the kitchen cupboards in the living room area.

As well, while having lunch on the road it will be necessary to open at least the one slide to gain access to the living area.

I didn't ask the dealer but I would guess that it is possible to only partially open any of the three slides. Is this correct?

How you experienced any of the foregoing and how did you deal with them.

Secondly, has the limited height at the bed level posed any inconvenience to you. It will not for my wife as she is not that tall, but I do need to lower my head. I guess that I could sleep on the bathroom side of the bed to limit the inconvenience but I will still need to access the wardrobe and dresser.

Me personally I wouldn't base my purchase on whether or not it would be difficult to load on the storage lot.Find a model that you both like and can enjoy,I am not sure why you are looking at that paticular model,but I just bought a 3200ES and you can get to the refer and sit at the table without moving the slides(yes all 3 move independently).

As for the bedroom,I am 6' and I sleep on the open side I do have to slightly bend my neck to get to the closet/dresser but I just grab my stuff and move back to the 'tall" side.

I just don't think you will find better quality in the Sundance price range,and I have walked thru hundreds of 5er's lately:)Good Luck

Jburks

We have a 08 2900MK and love it, each slide has it's own control which is really nice. We have had the occasion to need to open the slide while traveling and we usually find a parking lot and open the living slide have our meal then move on. When we are preparing to leave we don't open the living room or bedroom slides all the way to pack and have had no problems. As far as the bedroom height my wife is also not tall so the closet side of the bed is fine and I have the bathroom side for myself. The extra step down from the bed gives me plenty of head room. The 2900MK is just a perfect fit for us, The service we have received from Heartland and our dealer have been great

2005 Chevy 6.6 Duramax
2008 Sundance 2900MK
Debbie & Jack

fishn2dmax

We too have an 08 2900MK. We chose this floorplan due to wanting a coach under 32' in total length. It is hard to find a more liveable all-around floor plan for this length of coach. To answer your questions, we too had initial concerns with not being able to access the frigde and cabinets without opening the slides. Our Sundance is stored on the side of our garage and side fence ( tight space) with only a foot or two on the sides. What we have found is you only need to move the slides out a few inches to a foot to access the kitchen and the bedroom. As far as height in the bedroom, I sleep on the bathroom side and the DW on the closet side. I'm a 6' er and have never had an issue accessing the closet area. I look at it this way, I would rather have to slightly bend down to access the closet for a few minutes, than spend $$$$ extra dollars towing a higher profile coach and extra weight down the road. Not to mention worrying about tree and bridge clearance along with other height related hazards associated with taller coaches. The Sundance 2900MK feels much larger than it actually is and fits the bill for many of us that prefer a shorter, but liveable 5'er.

Netem

We also have the 2900 MK and when traveling we open the main slide about a ft. eat lunch close it back and continue on. We just got back from 2 weeks in our Sundance and are very happy with it.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We are very glad we picked are 2900MK as while !!! We love this floor plan !! work's well for us !! We have had many nice coments about are 2900 MK .

LaurieK

Happy with Sundance

We too have the 2900 MK floor plan and love the setup. We open the slide about a foot to have lunch on the road and can do the same with the bedroom slide if we need to reach it. I am 6 ft tall and use the bathroom side of the bed. It is great for me because I don't have to stoop.

One modification my husband did was to the counter. We bought a cutting board at a flea market in FL and attached it with hinges to the sink end of the counter. This gives me a much valued counter top extension. He also made a cupboard that we can use to enclose a wastebasket right under the butcher block addition. Since we use our trailer for 3 months in the winter, that was a handy modification as well. He made it so we can unscrew it when we are home and take the grandchild with us. The bed won't pull out of the sofa if it is there.

Laurie